Search results

1. Lamar

High pressure at well (90-100) 40-60 at house

Guess I used the term "storage" too loosely then, but yea, "limit the number of on/off cycles" that's pretty much what the well guy said 25 years ago when he switched the 1 hp to a 1.5 hp and seeing how much water was being used for landscape watering and livestock. Wonder why he didn't...
  2. Lamar

It only became known to me when the new deep well pump was installed approx 3 years ago. The 36 gallon tank I just replaced was installed in 2011, it replacing another tank with another bad bladder.
  3. Lamar

Yea, I'm seeing that now, thanks for helping me better understand. Looking more and more like there may be a partial blockage. But wouldn't it have to be pretty significant to create some 40+ pounds loss in pressure. How would I ever determine where the blockage might be. Do they make a...
  4. Lamar

So if I'm understanding correctly, there should only be 5 psi difference ? The 240 ft of pipe friction doesn't come into play? The only backflow preventer is at the wellhead and no other valves that I am aware of. A partial blockage of some sort could be a possibility I guess, tree roots...
  5. Lamar

Very seldom gets in the single digits, below mid teens maybe once or twice a year. The house is built of old cobblestone from the streets of Athens Ga so stays pretty cozy. An extension cord and 100 watt light bulb has sufficed for all these years to keep the existing tank and piping from...
  6. Lamar

I actually noticed that it does, wasn't sure why but I get it now, thanks.
  7. Lamar

I guess that could be an option however not much room in the basement. Would have to get creative with piping. The piping for the livestock and landscape irrigation is in and comes out of the well house so I guess I'd still have the high 95 or so psi there. Any problem with that?
  8. Lamar

Not sure we're on the same page here or maybe I'm not understanding. The 40/60 pressure switch is at the 86 gal tank which is in the basement of the house which is 240 ft away from the well.
  9. Lamar

I am experiencing water pressure in the piping at my drilled well of 90-100 psi. I have a new 36 gal diaphragm pressure tank at the well for extra storage for use with livestock watering and small amount of landscape watering. I fear the amount of pressure is going to rupture the diaphragm of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks