Search results

1. ARC

Making a alcove tub removable before setting it in plaster of Paris. Plastic?

Hi. What's your best practice for making the tub removable before you lay it in mounds of plastic of Paris? I read plastic somewhere but not sure if there is a best technique/thickness, etc. Is there a way? I'm worried if you put some down it would squish out the plaster of Paris too much. Also...
  2. ARC

1.5" vanity drain into a 3" toilet pipe quick question on if OK and clean out.

Hi and thanks again. Can I drain my 1.5" (could be 2" if needed) into the back of my 3" toilet drain? I don't see why not but maybe it's not best practice. Between some conduit and the joists I don't believe I have enough headroom to run the 3" pipe all the way back to the vertical sink pipe and...
  3. ARC

Are Fernco hub donuts code in UPC?

Hi. Are Fernco compression donuts code in UPC? It seems like pros use them but I think I've read they are NOT code. Can't find exactly where in the UPC codebook it says one way or another if someone knows. Or is it one of those things pros do even though not code? I put one in my 4" CI hub on a...
  4. ARC

Go idea of bad idea? Changing CI column radiator to Runtal Steel.

Hi and thanks. I removed my 100 yr old cast iron column radiator to save room in my bathroom remodel. One replacement option is a Runtal, either towel warmer style or maybe a wall panel style. Is this an ok idea or just a bad one to mix a legacy system with non-cast iron? I know their mass is...
  5. ARC

Changing a water CI Radiator on two-pipe system to a hydronic toe kickspace heater questions

Hi and thanks. I removed my column water heated CI radiator for my bathroom remodel and want to switch to a Myson Whispa 3 kickspace heater under the vanity to save room. My 1916 house has old steel piping on a two-pipe system which I believe is a direct return. I do not know if the tees (from...
  6. ARC

Alcove Tub Drain/Rough-In Question I Can't Find An Answer To Concerning Joist & Wall Cavity.

Hi and thanks once again. I looked all over the internet but could not find my particular situation. I hope the answer will help others in the future too. Basically, can I change how/where the plumbing for a tub drain and overflow connect? So my situation is I have a set of double joists mostly...
  7. ARC

Dry venting 6" above Clarification Please

Hi and thanks. I just need clarification on the UPC dry vent 6" horizontal rule, please. I have a CI stack in a 1916 house with a side vent at about 36" above the floor. Not code compliant with the current MN UPC code for the vanity that was attached. I'm moving the vanity to the other side of...
  8. ARC

Toilet Trap Distance and How To Vent Help Please

Hello. My situation is that I'm remodeling a 100-year old bathroom (78" x 90") were all the current plumbing/venting is on the right-hand side. I'd like to move the toilet to the left-hand side, which will actually put fixture spacing more in code and allow for a larger vanity sink. I'm in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks