Search results

1. Girafdaniels

Venting/BackDraft on Rheem Water Heater?

My carbon monoxide detector went off recently, so I had the gas company out to test levels at our only gas appliances -- 38000 BTU Rheem* water heater and 80% efficient 88000 BTU furnace sharing flue venting. The gas company measured 45 ppm CO at the top of the unit when it was kicked on (and...
  2. Girafdaniels

Toilet Flange Install (without much exposed pipe)

I’m getting ready to install a new tile floor in the bathroom I’ve been renovating, and making toilet flange considerations before hand. When I moved the toilet location, I installed a 3 inch 90 elbow instead of a 4 inch to 3 inch closet elbow (which I didn’t yet know existed!). I knew that I...
  3. Girafdaniels

Solve a water hammer upstream?

My upstairs shower has an annoying water hammer issue when turning the water on/off “upstream” of the shower. For example, when water is turned on/off for the faucet (or toilet) in the same bathroom, the shower will “knock” right at the valve. I’ve been able to ensure that the valve itself (and...
  4. Girafdaniels

Venting a basement bathtub

The last element to plumb in my basement bath/laundry remodel is the bathtub drain. Like pretty much everything else, it was done poorly (or outright incorrectly!) when the house was built. The photo shows the plumbing that I’ve done in the hole that was already there. It wasn’t vented...
  5. Girafdaniels

Moving Toilet Location Under Slab

I’m moving a toilet location about 5 1/2” away from its previous center. The current set up has a 2” outlet off the back of the 90. That 2” pipe is a vent that turns up the wall straight behind the toilet. The new center of the drain will be back and to the left, and I’m unsure of the best way...
  6. Girafdaniels

Leaking Slip Coupling Above Effluent Pump

I installed the pictured slip coupling on this vertical section of pipe. Apparently, I didn't get it quite right because it's leaking. I primed both sides of the pipe, the full inside of the the coupling, applied solvent to all those areas, then slipped the coupling down over the bottom pipe...
  7. Girafdaniels

Vent off shower drain trap arm

The attached is a photo of a proposed plumbing layout underneath a shower. I’d like to pull a short run of horizontal vent off the pictured san tee, attaching a 90 directly on top of it and tying it into an existing vertical vent about a foot away. After the san tee, the drain line quickly...
  8. Girafdaniels

Washing Machine P Trap Too High/Standpipe Short?

The bottom of my washing machine 2” p trap is 25” off the floor and the standpipe is 19” tall. I’ve read that the trap is supposed to be 6-18” off the floor and standpipe 18-30” tall. It’d be a lot of work with the way it’s all run to change the p trap height. I could, however lengthen the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks