Search results

1. JanSolo

Kitchen Sink Plumbing & External walls

Hello again, o wise plumbing masters! I'm back again with my latest project; I'm redoing the kitchen cabinets and will need to tidy up the plumbing for the sink, dishwasher and fridge ice-maker. Here is a picture of the current situation under the kitchen sink. Notice that the icemaker line is...
  2. JanSolo

Radiator removal & Mystery pipe!

Hello again o wise plumbers of the internet! Spring is here and it's time to tackle some renos! This time I'll be removing an old rad from my kitchen so that I can lay a Schluter heated floor. I moved my old cabinets only to discover a mystery pipe running along the floor that was concealed...
  3. JanSolo

How to plumb in my radiator?

Hello again, O Wise plumbing elders. It's been a while since I sought your wisdom, but I'm back with a new project and I could use your infinite knowledge. I have baseboard radiators in my house; fed by a central electric furnace. I had an L-shaped radiator in my living-room; the last remaining...
  4. JanSolo

Bathroom Drywall & Kerdi

Hello again, o wisest of plumbers! I will soon be drywalling up my bathroom and I want to put some Kerdi around my bath/shower alcove to keep it all waterproof. I'm aiming to have the whole alcove kerdied up to the ceiling, and then tiled over... The rest of the room will have tile to maybe...
  5. JanSolo

First time plumbing a shower. How did I do?

Hello again, o wise plumbing masters! I'm continuing with my bathroom project and today, I tackled the new shower plumbing. It's a normal Delta shower with tub-spout. I used PEX for most of it; but I had to do some copper sweat connections too. It's my first time doing sweat and PEX, so let's...
  6. JanSolo

My alcove tub is 1 inch too short; what do I do?

Hello again, wise plumbing elders! My tub arrived and I offered it up to the space in my bathroom. At a glance, it looks fine! However, there's a problem. The tub is 60 inches and the space is 61 inches. The tub has a skirt that you're supposed to attach to the wall, align with the drywall...
  7. JanSolo

Flooring, Ditra and Toilet Flanges

Hello again wise plumbing masters; I have a couple of questions for you about my bathroom remodel. My bathroom looks like this currently: My plan is to put down some 3/4 plywood over the angled floorboards, put Ditra (+heat) over that and then tile. Tile Ditra (+heat) 3/4Ply Floorboards...
  8. JanSolo

Toilet Flange Newbie: Lead Sleeve w Brass or ABS?

Hello, wise plumbing elders! I'm remodelling my bathroom and I'm redoing down to the subfloor! It's my first time plumbing a toilet, so I've lots to learn; hopefully you can set me on the right path! On pulling out my old toilet, I noticed that it had a brass flange with a lead sleeve that was...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks