Search results

1. Todd Fyffe

DIY Shower Now Leaking in wall

Thanks for the replies! So I cut a fairly large size hole in the drywall of the kitchen, and actually kept it all behind the cabinet and did not go above. It was large enough to get the top quarter of my body in and verify the leaking spot. Then got in with a jigsaw and cut two slits up on...
  2. Todd Fyffe

The green area is tape to help prevent any scratching of the Onyx from the jigsaw. There is no tile and the wall is one entire sheet of the Onyx (composite) material. I taped around the shower arm escutcheon plate so that I knew how much room I had to work with while cutting it back, and used...
  3. Todd Fyffe

Thanks for the reply. I was near positive this is where the issue was at first too. While I am now 100% sure the leak is not in the threaded connection, I did go ahead and try this just now (I haven't tested the water in days so it was completely dry to begin.) The tissue came out completely...
  4. Todd Fyffe

So I am in a predicament... I remodeled my bathroom recently, which was an entire tear-down to the studs and rebuild. I installed a new Onyx Collection stand up shower which included a new mixer valve and I decided to raise the shower head up about 6". Everything was pressure checked before...