Search results

1. Al Garrido

Salty Water after Regen?

looked again...yep...sure enough...there it was...as you said..... .5 GPM Thanks!
  2. Al Garrido

Salty Water after Regen?

Where do i see the BLFC? The drain flow on my injector shows says 2.4Gpm
  3. Al Garrido

Salty Water after Regen?

So...I think I figured out what the problem is....the drain hose was a bit backed up further up the line.....cleared that and and did a manual wash, and afterwards did not taste salt. Lets see if when it regenerates automatically if it holds. (not sure why a manual vs auto would matter!) With...
  4. Al Garrido

Salty Water after Regen?

Maybe I didn't do it right, but I cleaned the screen....didn't look dirty but I ran it on clean water and put it back in and made no difference....still had the issue. Is there more to "cleaning the injector"?
  5. Al Garrido

Salty Water after Regen?

Hoping I can get some help again on this wonder forum . In a previous reply to a post about 3 weeks ago I mentioned I was replacing my seals but I can't seem to find that post so starting a new thread....apologies. So...here is the deal..... I have a 5600SXT valve for my softener. I've had it...
  6. Al Garrido

Salty water taste after regen 5600SXT

I'd have to get my numbers later since I'm not at the softener today or tomorrow. The valve/softner is about 5 years old. (well water) I had received input on appropriate numbers from this forum a while ago after wife noticed that we were at times feeling the hard water and this forum helped...
  7. Al Garrido

Salty water taste after regen 5600SXT

I’m replacing my seals because every time after the softener regenerates the water in the house is salty until I run the water for a minute or also. I already purchased the seal kit and only now learned about the green piston for 5600sxt and white piston for the mechanical timer 5600. Can I...
  8. Al Garrido

5600 sxt running to drain

I also have the digital SXT model. Can you still use the whitecap piston which is the piston for the mechanical timer? I already purchased it and only now realized about the green cap but I don’t wanna go through the hassle of returning if it can be used. Are use my softener only for water...
  9. Al Garrido

Fleck 5600 capacity numbers

my manual shows same thing....but when i go into program....can on use whole number....unless i'missing something. see picture.
  10. Al Garrido

@Bannerman and @Reach4 Thanks for the info...this makes sense now! @Reach.....thank you for your suggestions for numbers. Dumb question coming......your suggestions show a C of "33.9" and BF of 7. Ok...I can set the BF at 7.....but 33.9? Do I round up to 34 on the controller? I see no way to...
  11. Al Garrido

ok...first...thank you to all who helped me set my numbers! thank you! I've been reading a lot of post on here and learned a number of things i didn't know and has shed some light on the whole process. However, I still don't quite understand why setting my softener to 36 instead of 48 as that...
  12. Al Garrido

awesome! thanks for the replies!
  13. Al Garrido

I'm sorry for the stupid questions as I'm just learning more about this. So I'll set the setting to "36" ....but you say to set to 12 pounds of salt?...is that a setting I have to set? I'm using the settings from above: Fleck 5600SXT Settings: DF = Gal ; Units VT = dF1b ; Downflw/, Single...
  14. Al Garrido

sorry...one more question. C = 33.9 ; capacity in 1000 grains Am i making the setting 33? or 39 (per the chart) https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/help-for-programming-fleck-5810.82673/#post-595983
  15. Al Garrido

I just happen to read this post after just programming my softener and I'm a bit confused. I have same exact setup...5600 with 10x54. I set the capacity to 48K as it shows in the chart I had seen somewhere else....but the chart on the link above, shows a few possibilities. I have well water with...
  16. Al Garrido

Neutralizer help please

Looking for a little help. Here is my setup: Water Softener: Fleck 5600 metered valve 48000 cf tank I have hardness set to 12 grains (grains of hardness 6 + what i'm approximating neutralizer adds 6) Neutralizer Autotrol 460TC valve 60k cf tank? I'm guessing this big....its bigger then the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks