Search results

1. BBdude

2 x 1-year old Bradford White water heaters leaking from bottom (Photos)

I've had a few days now and one or two where we've got 6 people taking baths/showers. No issues so far. Did put a slip of paper at the end of the t and p to monitor when I'm not down there - still dry! Can't thank you enough for everyone's input and help! Only issue I have left now is the...
  2. BBdude

Day 1 post 4.4 gal expansion tank and no water from T and P :)
  3. BBdude

Hi All - Thanks for the continued feedback. I'm going to stick with the current plumber and have him remediate with a expansion tank. One thing that keeps me thinking is why ONLY ONE of my tanks t and p keep dripping, when they're setup in parallel. Reading some more on the water tanks it...
  4. BBdude

Thanks, Mark. Long story short. The guy the plumbing company sent out did good work when my requests were basic (frost free hose bibs, water powered sump, etc.), but when I asked for a water softener it was clear he was in over his head. We're still working with the plumbing company to have...
  5. BBdude

Thanks, both. Plumber recommended a 2.1 gallon so will ask him about a larger 4.4 gallon tank. Looks like the difference is only an additional $25 for the larger tank.
  6. BBdude

I'm a layman so excuse my lack of jargon, but he said the pressure is higher coming into the home in the evening since less folks are using water in the township. Our pressure during the day he said was 'higher' at '90'. He said the PRV would ensure the pressure is cut in half and also ensure...
  7. BBdude

He recommended a pressure reducing valve ($1,000 installed) and a plt-5 w/h expansion ($575 installed). It sounds like we could get away with just the expansion tank. Our water pressure is just right so I don't want to reduce if I can avoid it w/ just an expansion tank (not to mention it's a...
  8. BBdude

Plumber is coming out tomorrow. All I told him was the T&P is leaking so we'll see what he says.
  9. BBdude

Thanks for your feedback - yes, it's a closed system. Replace both meaning both hot water heaters? Both safety valves? I guess I'm surprised this wasn't an issue with the old water heaters. One random thing ... when I use the hot water in the tub of one my upstairs bathrooms the pipes shake...
  10. BBdude

Confirmed today it is the relief pipe. Only happening to the one on the left, despite them being run in parallel. Is this typical? My two older units never dispensed water out of the relief pipe so it this the result of the plumber changing something? Would I need two expansion tanks or just...
  11. BBdude

Thanks, guys. I'll give the paper a try. Flue size is 4". Right side goes up 4" and then turns to the left. Left one goes up 4", where it meets with the horizontal piece from the unit on the right. From where they meet it's about 2' until it goes on its path out the chimney.
  12. BBdude

Hi All - See photos. I have two (2) 50 gallon 40k BTU Bradford White water heaters (Natural Gas / Model No RG250T6N) that are leaking from the bottom. Noticed it this morning. They're only a year old. The heater on the right dried up pretty quick, but you can see where the cement is darker...
  13. BBdude

Pentair 64k Grain System - Not Using Salt?

This is helpful, thank you. Sounds like the plumber thought replacing the control valve was outside what he was supposed to do. Owner is on vacation so will call him next week and suggest the above and see what he says. Certainly a control valve should still be covered on a product / install...
  14. BBdude

Plumber just left. Seems the system is working fine now. Once the regeneration completed, salt issue was remediated. Valve still not working right or counting gallons used, so that's next piece to remediate.
  15. BBdude

You're right. I thought dittohead was pointing out the ball valve, not the loop. Makes sense now.
  16. BBdude

Why? Let me in on the joke :-)
  17. BBdude

Thanks for the feedback. Hindsight is 20/20 and I have to live with my mistake. Fortunately their master plumber came out just a few minutes ago and seems to know what he's doing. Salt issue is fixed for now by closing the softener valve. Hopefully the adjustments he's making now and next...
  18. BBdude

Not sure what the plumber did, but this morning our hot water is full of salt. Tastes like the ocean!
  19. BBdude

In my opinion, he didn't properly plan and so took shortcuts or just made some faulty assumptions. Now I think it's just laziness ... they don't want to run 150' of copper pipe and they know I won't pay for it at this point. Where I used to live I hired Culligan directly and it was a great...
  20. BBdude

So I'm starting to grow frustrated with my plumber. They've done A LOT of work on my house and we haven't had many issues, but this softener is becoming one. The issue is my city water branches out to my home almost immediately off the street and is ~150' from the softener. So during the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks