Search results

1. Slicker

Help with Under Sink Filter Plumbing

Sorry, in all that text I forgot to mention that this filter is running off the supply to the kitchen faucet and is feeding a separate drinking water faucet. It has a shut offs (in addition to the sink cold water shut off) and then there's a shut off valve behind the fridge. I've attached a...
  2. Slicker

Help with Under Sink Filter Plumbing

Hi, I have a Mutilpure Aquaversa water filter that's attached to the cold-water line under my kitchen sink. The builder of our house plumbed the filter so that filtered water feeds a small sink faucet and my refrigerator. The faucet attached to the filter works fine, but the refrigerator has...
  3. Slicker

Whole House Surge Protectors - Breaker Type vs External

I also share the feeling that a combined device won't be as effective as the external one partially due to the lower capacity of it and the fact that its handling two functions. This is what I'm dealing with at the panels which makes the external one not as straight forward of an install...
  4. Slicker

Whole House Surge Protectors - Breaker Type vs External

Hi, I'm trying to determine the most effective type of whole home surge protection to install on two Eaton BR type circuit breaker panels. The options I've looked at are all made by Eaton: CHSPT2ULTRA, BRNSURGE, and the BR230SUR. The CHSPT2ULTRA is the most difficult install for me since its an...
  5. Slicker

Caulk Discloration Kohler Undermount Enamled Cast Iron Sink

Great, thanks everyone. I tried a technique I saw on YouTube that saturates some toilet paper with bleach cleaner and places it up against the caulk for an extended period. This did improve the stain but did not actually remove it (here's the video if anyone is interested: ). It is a mold of...
  6. Slicker

Thank you. Regarding cutting back, is that something I can use a 5-in-1 or a utility knife to do? Also, Kohler indicates that 100 percent silicone caulk should be used with their cast iron sinks. Without knowing what caulk was used originally, can (or should) I use silicone to make the repair...
  7. Slicker

Hi, we have a under-mounted Kohler enameled cast iron sink in our kitchen that has a slowly expanding discoloration along the caulking (see attached picture). At first I thought it was mildew, but no amount of Tilex or cleaning would remove the discoloration. Online searches have indicated that...
  8. Slicker

Heat pump TXV sensing bulb location

Thanks. I went ahead and re-positioned the sensing bulb since there was enough slack to move it so the capillary tube was facing up. What's the purpose of the outside TXV valve if its mostly closed during heating operation?
  9. Slicker

That's the rub, I'm not sure how it came from factory. Long story but I went through three techs trying to diagnose a seemingly random compressor shut down problem (it turned out to be a leak and low refrigerant). One of the techs diagnosed a faulty TXV and may have moved the sensing bulb to...
  10. Slicker

I had a question about the TXV sensing bulb location on my heat pump in the external compressor unit. From what I've read online, the TXV valve sensing bulb should be located on a horizontal run but can also be located vertically with the tail end up if there's no suitable horizontal run. On...
  11. Slicker

20 PSI Pressure Drop with Zurn NR3XL PRV Normal?

I thought it might be easier if I just post some photos of the current set up. Seems like there's a lot of potential issues that might explain what's going on. The supply line into the house doesn't look like copper. Some sort of plastic. There's a brass adapter on it which appears to be...
  12. Slicker

So no luck with the screen. It was clear of debris when I opened the valve up. Rinsed it out anyhow and getting same 20psi drop when a fixture is turned on. Next up is to either rebuild or replace the PRV. Quick question. I figured out that the supply line from the street is 1" which...
  13. Slicker

It was an indoor faucet and just the cold handle. As an experiment, I turned on the faucet (cold handle again) and flushed the toilet. When I did that the pressure went from 70 to 50 again. However, after that I only got a 10 PSI drop with just the faucet and a 20 PSI drop with just the...
  14. Slicker

All the outside faucets are connected after the PRV. I turned the adjustment screw on the PRV all the way in and the pressure gauge read 70 psi. When I turned on the faucet it read 50 psi so it looks like I'm still getting a 20 psi drop. Thanks.
  15. Slicker

Hi everyone. Moved into a new house a few years ago and had somewhat mediocre shower pressure in the upstairs bathroom. I adjusted the PRV (a Zurn NR3XL 3/4") at the water main so that we had 60 PSI static pressure measured at the tank-less water heater cold intake service port a couple of feet...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks