Search results

1. Kaptainkw

Offset Venting

Thank you Reach4 for your contributions to this forum. Understood that >45° is considered is vertical, thanks for the confirmation. No merging of vents below the FLR even if at >45° Wet venting to a shower vent is interesting. Yes, is occurs downstream of the shower and lav. I didn't see...
  2. Kaptainkw

Offset Venting

Folks: I very much appreciate this forum, thank you! 2015 IPC. I know that you cannot horizontal vent until you are above the Flood Level Rim (FLR). Can vents offset (go diagonal) before the FLR to clear obstructions? Can vents be merged (from diagonal, not horizontal) below the FLR? Can I...
  3. Kaptainkw

Vent basement floor drain into main stack

Good day: I've search the forums and couldn't find the answer. I am adding a basement floor drain. The main stack serves two upstairs bathrooms and is 3" pipe. Main stack sweeps into the main drain that is 4" pipe (the sweep is 4" pipe and has the main cleanout at its base. I would like to...
  4. Kaptainkw

Horizontal Kitchen Drain

Reach4: Thank you very much for the confirmation and the reminder that VA is IPC. Much appreciated!
  5. Kaptainkw

Horizontal Kitchen Drain

Good day, I appreciate this forum! I'm relocating a Kitchen sink under a window with an existing slab. Horizontal 2" pipe, 2" combo and a 2" long sweep cleanout ahead of it. Vertical vent within the required distance (3'6" UPC or 6' IRC) maintaining 1/4"/ft slope. My question is: Can this...
  6. Kaptainkw

Toilet clean out requirement for upper floors

So just to be clear... An upper floor main line (serving a toilet) with less than 45/135 deg. change in direction does not need a clean out, but a main line with a change in direction >45/135 deg. regardless of location, does need a clean out?
  7. Kaptainkw

Thank you very much for the clarification! I'm running a new horizontal line between joists and want the option for a hard ceiling. 4" x 3" closet bend, -> ~4' to a downward 45 -> into a long sweep 90 deg. -> ~4' to the main stack. Short run... just 90 deg. of turn.
  8. Kaptainkw

Folks: Hoping to get a clear answer on if a clean out is required for a main line (toilet) on upper floors in a home. Depending on codes (e.g. IPC or UPC) and change of horizontal direction >45 or 135 deg., triggers a clean out but there is an exception in 707 "Excepting the building drain...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks