Search results

1. Sam M

ET and Flue clearance

Hi All, Is there a minimum clearance required between an expansion tank for a water heater and the flue vent? I've searched around and know there is a minimal clearance for combustibles, but an ET wouldn't fall under a combustible? Haven't seen any manufacturers state that it needs to be a...
  2. Sam M

Switch over to PEX or not

About 2 months ago I replaced a shut off valve after the water meter with an American ball valve from Lowe's. The other day I noticed the valve has a very small weep out of the seam where the two halves of the valve come together during factory assembly. After I installed the valve I did read...
  3. Sam M

Main sewer clean out location

Hello All. With my recent home purchase, I have met some very nice neighbors who gave me a small history on the house. We have municipal waste to start. When the house was built 20 years ago, the first owners moved in and immediately had sewer backup. Come to find out the builders installed the...
  4. Sam M

Setting ET Pressure

Hi All. I have read as many online threads as I can to determine the proper ET pressure on my cold water line. Below is what has been replaced: New 40 gallon water heater New 2 gallon ET New Watts PRV set at 50psi During the day, water pressure stays mostly consistent at 50psi, this was...
  5. Sam M

Oatey Great White Pipe Dope

Hello All. New to the forum and new to house projects. I am a weekend automotive DIY'er and typically take my time, research, and make sure the job is done right the first time(hate doing it twice). Recently purchased our first home and have been slowly learning how to do things around the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks