Search results

1. Wayne Lippman

What can I do about my leaking sink?

I came home today and my wife told me there was water under the sink and on the floor. I looked and found some water on the mounting bracket (the thing you turn to attach the garbage disposal to the mounting ring), so I figured the water was coming from above, rather than from the garbage...
  2. Wayne Lippman

Oatey Instant Solder?

I found a tube of this in a bin; supposedly the solder is mixed in with the flux and it is all you need. Sounds goofy; does it actually work?
  3. Wayne Lippman

Backflow preventer in Water Meter?

Lowe's website says that houses built since 1985 have backflow preventer built into the water meters. Googling seems to say that only houses with sprinker systems have them. Which is true? Before I put an expansion tank on today my pressure would go from 50 (where the PRV was set) up to 90...
  4. Wayne Lippman

Which way to turn this faucet valve?

This faucet hasn't been used in at least 8 years. I tried to turn it and it doesn't want to go either way. So two questions.... 1) Which way to open it? I see it says "shut", but I don't see an arrow on either side. 2) If it is this hard to turn, if I can get it open can I keep it, or should...
  5. Wayne Lippman

Help with an expansion tank

I installed a PRV because my water pressure was 90 psi. It is now 55, but when the water heater comes on with no one using water, the pressure goes up to 80. I take that as a sign I need an expansion tank. I have a 3/4" cold water line going to a corner of the basement with a threaded faucet...
  6. Wayne Lippman

Help with replacing my PRV...

I am going to replace my PRV tomorrow. I bought the same model, so hopefully it is just a matter of slipping one out and the other in. But... 1)If my main shutoff isn't as good as I hope it is, can the valve before the meter be used? If so, how exactly. Don't want to puzzle over this with...
  7. Wayne Lippman

Plumbing making occasional weird noise...

My house is 15 years old. I have lived here 8 years. 10 days ago there was a strange hum/moan noise that I traced to the kitchen faucet. Turning it on ended the noise. The noise came back when I turned it off. After about 5 minutes it ended. A couple days later the noise came back; my wife...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks