Search results

1. Gilles Guezille

Connecting to water meter

The piece of pipe left by the county water crew was a 3/4 schedule 80 that was a bit poorly cut; I was able to finally thread a 3/4 brass female fitting and all is well.
  2. Gilles Guezille

Good info, thanks a lot!
  3. Gilles Guezille

The house is in Cartersville, GA, and the lowest temps we are seeing hear are 20 F. I thin I'll be using 10ft sections as this is what is available at the big box stores here. I'll stop by a specialized plumbing supplies store and see if I can find something better
  4. Gilles Guezille

Thank you Terry. I'm going to the property today and try again to match the threads.
  5. Gilles Guezille

The local water company wants me to install a shut-off valve, a pressure valve, and a check valve, in a separate box from the meter. This is a brand new installation as the house was on a well before. I will be running 1" pipe to the house, thinking of using PVC unless there is something better...
  6. Gilles Guezille

Insulate PEX Bundle

I am feeding a whole bathroom with dual sink, toilet, and tub: that's 4 cold and 3 hot inlets.
  7. Gilles Guezille

Insulate PEX Bundle

How can I insulate a PEX bundle, actually 2 bundles, going to 2 manifolds? There isn't enough room between them or slack between hangers to use foam sleeves.
  8. Gilles Guezille

How do you (temporrily) support 3 inch PVC pipe during a new installation?

Adding a brand new bathroom and all the plumbing required in the crawl space. Installing 10 ft long 3 inch pipes is pretty awkward, especially since I'm doing the job alone. What techniques do you guys use to hole the new pipes in place while fitting and gluing? I am thinking about using plastic...
  9. Gilles Guezille

Replace cast iron vent with PVC

Thank you! I talked to the roofer who did the new install and I will replace the whole CI pipe. He offered to come check the boot On the roof to make sure it is sealed. I’m now afraid the house will fly in the wind after removing all that weight! LOL
  10. Gilles Guezille

Replace cast iron vent with PVC

Nightmare 1960 Ranch home with 4 inch cast iron vent going through new roof. I want to replace Most of the CI with 3 inch PVC and use a 3” to 4 inch boot to connect the PVC to the stub of CI going through the roof. The CI is obviously very heavy and the toilet flange is resting on cinder blocks...
  11. Gilles Guezille

Adding a bathroom in a 60s house in Cartersville, Georgia

We just bought a large 3 bed 1 bath house on septic and fed by a well. We are adding a second bath to be the master bath, with a tub, toilet, and dual sink. The existing bath is on the opposite side of the house and has its own stack. I am planning on using a 2' pipe for venting and expanding...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks