Search results

1. Bob from accounting

Clean inside a Water Heater

Rheem gas. PROG40-38U. Heavy sentiment build up on bottom. Next step is to try one or all of the solvents suggested here before replacing.
  2. Bob from accounting

It seems that this is a problem that I need to address. I am going to continue to try some interim fixes prior to spending over $1300 to buy and install a new one. Seems like the calci-flush, poured down the anode rod hole would be worth trying out first. But it does seem like if this does...
  3. Bob from accounting

See The turbo tank clean requires you to remove your flush valve nipple to function. In my earlier post I had indicated this is a limitation for me. However when I saw this a few years ago, it did make me wonder if I could stick something homemade up through the 3/4" valve.
  4. Bob from accounting

I have flushed my water heater, multiple times. The popping and banging inside by 5 year old Rhem WH must have major sentiment at the bottom due to hard water. I have turned down the heat as well. It is possible that sediment falls to the bottom when I changed out my Anode rod each year also...
  5. Bob from accounting

replacement rubber washer for supply line

I was going to replace the everbilt washing machine supply line rubber washer. I bought an everbilt supply line rubber washer replacement. The inner diameter of the replacement washer is larger than the original washer I just pulled off. I see that the package says water heater supply...
  6. Bob from accounting

Sioux Chief Water Hammer Arrestor - Problem Solved?

I too have to replace my mini sioux chief arrestor every year on my LG washing machine. Hard water is common here. Did you find a more permanent solution? Did you ever find a solution to all three of your questions? Thanks-
  7. Bob from accounting

Joining Copper to PVC

We were researching impact protection. Schedule 80 was noted as more durable and thicker. However, you are suggesting Schedule 40 instead of 80? Curious if you could explain why you would go with 40 over 80. Thanks
  8. Bob from accounting

Joining Copper to PVC

Thank so much, so dumb question, Can I run PEX outside along the ground and then bury it? I always thought it was not great with UV, and just kinda more for in the walls type deal? I also only consider CPVC if I am dealing with Hot water? Is that correct? So if I going to run plastic, I only...
  9. Bob from accounting

Joining Copper to PVC

I am not as familiar with the sharkbite coupling and I needed some clarification that it works with schedule 80. Maybe shoot me a link to one. The galvanized steel will rust indeed, so I have some doubts creeping in now. They vandalized this section of pipe and then stole pipe from another...
  10. Bob from accounting

Joining Copper to PVC

I never did consider Galvined, only because our entire underground irrigation system is galvanized and is all rotting and breaking so I have a hate hate relationship with it. But in this case, that is not a bad idea. So I need like a half-foot brass nipple to join steel an copper right? Or...
  11. Bob from accounting

Joining Copper to PVC

We recently had our 1/2" copper line vandalized as it runs about 15' against our building, ground level. This copper line comes out of the main supply line and runs over to a buried irrigation valve. I am assuming they initially used copper as it is outside, this portion is not buried, it does...
  12. Bob from accounting

basin of sink hold water

I noticed that a majority of our sinks hold a very small amount of water in the basin next to the drain. This causes them to rust. Is this common, and is there anything I should consider when trying to resolve this?
  13. Bob from accounting

which TP valve next to PRV valve

Thanks Jeff and Reach. You both have helped me so much in the past. So I take your comments with extra care. I do have a 150 psi T&P on my personal WH, It never crossed my mind to plug my temp pressure relief valve. So no worries there. The main PRV outside feeds multiple units within one...
  14. Bob from accounting

I did not question this installation and assumed this was a risk mitigation feature. However, you are right I suppose I am not sure if this is necessary. If the PRV fails and the City pressure exceeds safe limits, it seems these would prevent pressure exceeding 125 to enter the homes...
  15. Bob from accounting

OK thanks for helping me sort this out. I might settle on something like this...
  16. Bob from accounting

OK good to know, Thanks for the help
  17. Bob from accounting

At what PSI do appliances and fixtures start to get overly stressed? ( we regulate to 60 psi) If our PRV fails, would it be wise to have a relief valve as a fail-safe? James, it seems like you may be saying that in my situation it would not matter as our City Max, at this time, is 85...
  18. Bob from accounting

What PSI TP valve should I find and install after the PRV City pressure is 85, 60psi after the PRV. I saw they made a 125 psi TP for water Heaters and storage tanks. Let me know if you have any tips or suggestions on using a TP valve for this specific application and what PSI I should consider?
  19. Bob from accounting

Breaking down sediment/ mineral gunk with citric acid

I think this is the case Reach, I am hoping you are right! I have some Bio-Clean down there now for the night, I have a stopper over the drain with some water in the tub to act as a smell buffer. However, when you brought up the overflow, this now makes me realize the tub stopper and tub water...
  20. Bob from accounting

Breaking down sediment/ mineral gunk with citric acid

So I was able to place about a tablespoon of citric acid with hot water mixture down the Bath Tub drain line. Came back and the entire house smelled like raw sewage. I have been trying to look for breaks, I popped the service down behind the bath and did not see anything dripping, nothing...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks