Search results

1. HereInOhio

Shower Drain 2"?

I roughed in a bathroom in my basement for a tub (1 1/2" PVC) but afterwards decided to install a shower instead. I see a 2" drain is suggested on here for showers. I'm assuming it's because if a shower clogs it overflows a lot faster than a tub. The trap is connecting directly to the 3" drain...
  2. HereInOhio

Relief Valve Drain Location

I installed a tankless water heater. I know not recommended. Trying to figure out the best location to have the discharge for the relief valve with my given situation. There are no floor drains in this basement. My preferred option is running it behind an 8’ wall and discharging into a utility...
  3. HereInOhio

Bathroom Venting Questions

The upstairs to this house is being remodeled, adding a master bathroom in addition to redoing the layout of the current bathroom. Everything is removed (drywall, subfloor, hvac, plumbing, electrical), it is just the joist and studs currently. There is access above this bathroom with an open...
  4. HereInOhio

Condensate Pump Questions

I’m swapping out most of my HVAC and went with a high efficiency furnace and tankless water heater. I’m in the process of remodeling my basement and had an open sump pump that the items drained into but I’m am going to put a cover on it due to high levels of radon thought to come from the sumps...
  5. HereInOhio

Shut Off Valve Requirements

I’m adding a bathroom to my basement and struggling with the supply lines. Mainly with how to arrange shut off valves so it doesn’t look hacked together. From the right I have the main supply lines coming into the utility closet. The main lines go up to the first floor to supply the whole...
  6. HereInOhio

Drain Pipe Height From Floor?

I'm trying to figure out the typical height to install my horizontal drain pipes. One wall has a 2" washing machine standpipe drain going through it as well as a separate 1 1/2" utility sink drain that needs to go above it. I'm in Ohio so under IPC. Do you know if it specifies a min/max height...
  7. HereInOhio

Main Shutoff Valve

I purchased a house that was built in 2010 and the previous owners removed the water meter (they embezzled $21 million so the legality of removing a water meter was not much of a concern to them....they needed the money). The water company is making me rough plumb a spacer in for them to come...
  8. HereInOhio

S Traps?

I am plumbing a basement and wondering if this is acceptable for a tub drain or considered an S trap? I just rolled the wye up and used a 45 so the trap is higher so I don’t need to break up more rock, it’s solid shale under the house. Another part before this I need to roll a combination...
  9. HereInOhio

Running Electric with Metal Studs

I tried to gather my information before posting but still need to ask. I framed my basement in metal studs and installed the bushings and NM wiring though the holes. I started installing the outlet boxes (plastic) and wondering two things. 1.) Besides the gourmets securing the wire to the...
  10. HereInOhio

Long Sweep 90 Off Trap?

I am hooking up a bathtub drain (1.5” PVC). My question is I purchased a pee trap that came with the “U” shaped trap and a tight turn street 90. Can I swap out the 90 for a long sweep street 90? I need another 1/2” or so to connect to the drain pipe and this would do it if allowed. I’m under IPC...
  11. HereInOhio

Finishing Basement - Bathroom /Laundry Room Plumbing

I’m finishing my basement and looking for help of how you would plumb the drain and venting for the laundry room and bathroom. I have a gray water pit I will install a sewage ejection pump since the sewage exits the house around chest level. I also don’t mind moving the bathroom fixtures around...
  12. HereInOhio

Adding Bathroom Above Crawl Space

I'm adding a bathroom above the crawl space and trying to prevent hacking the load bearing wall to run the plumbing. Can I ran the tub and the sink drain straight down into the crawl space where I would have a P-trap for each fixture just below the floor joist. From there I would bring both...
  13. HereInOhio

Double Vanity Problems

I am replacing a double vanity in my bathroom but from my limited knowledge a few things were installed improperly. I'm looking for professional opinions of what is the best easy recourse. Above is the picture of when I opened the wall. The problems that I see are the drains will create "S"...
  14. HereInOhio

Acceptable Tub Trap Layout?

I'm hooking up the plumbing to a newly installed bathtub and have two ways that I can install the trap with the limited space due to my 2x6's floor joists. Is it acceptable to install the trap/drain in either of the methods I have pictured below and is one way preferred over the other? I posted...
  15. HereInOhio

Tub Drain Trap with 2x6’s

I am currently remodeling a bathroom upstairs with 2x6 floor joist (I know not ideal and I shouldn’t have a tub there, but it’s there and it’s staying there). I am running into a problem with the trap being too “tall” to fit between the 2x6’s. Previously it had the slip fittings which worked...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks