Search results

1. Jeff H Young

Corrosion!

Brass fittings with high zinc I heard of the issues you might try looking it up on google, certain cheap brands. replace them all
  2. Jeff H Young

Sewage pump for Guest House, connect to Main House or City sewer line?

Either way works , just a matter of whether you want pumped waste inside your house or basement it might be easier but inside 70 year old piping Id rather not . or tie in downstream in the nice pvc ? might concider a B/W valve on main house
  3. Jeff H Young

What is this? Chrome cover over bathroom sink drain pipe

Its called a high box flange escutcheon , prettys things up, kinda seals off the wall just pull it away from wall with hand and a big nut is under neath to take trap arm off
  4. Jeff H Young

Venting Outdoor Grease Trap - Trapzilla!

put the vent inside the wall that works makes no differance
  5. Jeff H Young

New 2 gallon expansion tank factory set to 40psi and circulation pump

set tank pressure to 50 psi with water turned off and faucet open
  6. Jeff H Young

Uponor colored PEX degradation -- two leaks so far

I dont think wanting a sample is in any way being weasles and like I said if he has problems he has a whole house full of pipe to use as evedence ,
  7. Jeff H Young

New Kohler Santa Rosa Clogging Issues...

kohler I think is full of it nothing wrong with that vent my code would allow 40 ft of horrizontal (we use 2 inch minimum ) i dont know what your code allows but even 1 1/2 running sideways across attic for 15 ft wont matter
  8. Jeff H Young

Tying in a washer drain into existing drain

If you at least added a combi and a aav at the wash machine it might have a chance of working better . but it still would not meet code and worse than that might still have tendancy to lose trap seal in the floor drain essetially alowing any gases into the basement . Im very...
  9. Jeff H Young

Toilet flange on tile over concrete

you could bolt flange to the plate befor gluing on. Id proibebly just do as I outlined a couple good screws plus pouring that mortar would work. shoulda been adressed sooner but floor guys dont care they arent coming back one day job I guess
  10. Jeff H Young

Tying in a washer drain into existing drain

not a good installation santee on side unvented. it might drain ok but likely suck floor drain dry and clog at the tee
  11. Jeff H Young

Uponor colored PEX degradation -- two leaks so far

Youve got 2 tell them to come out take all the pictures they want and take one. or even if they take both and you never have a problem again well then why would you need to sue ? and if you do have more problems youve got a entire house piped with all the evedence you could need
  12. Jeff H Young

50% of my 1/2" pex a connections leak

most inexpensive expanders dont rotate and can cause a leak if you dont rotate. my gut says warmer pipe and fittings might help , they say cold will contract back to normal I just am not real comfortable with the tempurature but only because you have issues. havent done...
  13. Jeff H Young

Seeking Advice on Kitchen Worktops!

If you like wood great but if you want it to look new all the time it wont. My brother put soapstone he actually fabbed it himself its no where near as durable as quartz or granite it gets charactor his has pretty heavy use he likes it I think it looks good you can fix scratches ...
  14. Jeff H Young

Venting Outdoor Grease Trap - Trapzilla!

Id put it on unistrut against wall with a no hub band a foot off ground for removal . how high and termination Id have to think a bit more about might have to go all the way up
  15. Jeff H Young

New Kohler Santa Rosa Clogging Issues...

something might be in inside id pull it
  16. Jeff H Young

Toilet flange on tile over concrete

ask the plumber and tile guy what they had in plan? id rip that stuff outta there set ring stick bent screws in the holes and fill with a strong mortar
  17. Jeff H Young

Moving a toilet, Is this Legit?

Hey Wayne I looked at city of omaha Ne and thier site claims w/c need only 1 1/2 vent from 2018 of cource this was a city site and no idea what other codes are in Ne or if its still current it said updated 4/4 2023.
  18. Jeff H Young

Moving a toilet, Is this Legit?

oops 0 for 2 here. I guess start ripping walls out
  19. Jeff H Young

PTFE thread sealant on potable water line

Not approoved for potable water 80632 So you definately arent complying with code.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks