Search results

1. LeoD

Outdoor Gas Tankless - Distance From Windows / Doors

Thank you both. The instructions with the unit included both the 1-foot and 4-foot requirements and no solid explanation which unit they applied to. (The same manual covers both indoor and outdoor versions.) breplum, what you say seems to confirm what I suspected, that the 1-foot clearance...
  2. LeoD

Outdoor Gas Tankless - Distance From Windows / Doors

I want to install an outdoor, condensing, tankless water heater to replace a 20 year old tank-type that's on its last legs. Easiest installation would be in the same location as the old one to make use of the existing connections. (Current tank-type is outside, in a metal enclosure, which I'd...
  3. LeoD

Troubled TOTO?

I replaced a Kohler Wellworth 1/6 gpf with a TOTO .8/1.0 CST746 three months ago. I had originally planned on installing a Drake II, but our supply valve is on the floor and wouldn't clear the base of the Drake II. Terry suggested the CST746 might fit. At the time the TOTO Gallery was the only...
  4. LeoD

Drake II "Footprint" / Installation

I'm following up, in case someone with a similar situation finds this thread later. On Terry's suggestion, I took a look at the new Drake. (Thank you Terry.) The only place with one on display anywhere nearby was the TOTO Gallery, so I made an appointment and brought my tape measure. According...
  5. LeoD

Any Experience With New Drake 1G?

I'd agree.. Maybe not best to take the display model! Both the info you received from Toto installation class and the fact that you're thinking of installing this model yourself are encouraging. I'll look forward to your impressions when (if) you install it. In the meantime, if anyone else...
  6. LeoD

Thank you for that info. I was hoping Toto did their homework on this one, and from what you say it sounds like they did. Any updates on installations would be great!
  7. LeoD

I'd originally planned to install a Drake II 1G, until I realized it wouldn't clear the floor-mounted supply line. Thanks to Terry for suggesting that the new Drake might fit. The TOTO Gallery is the only place nearby that has one on display, so I went in to measure, and sure enough, it will...
  8. LeoD

Hadn't even considered that, but it makes sense. I also read somewhere that this new Drake has a shorter, lower trap - which might also make for easier plunging. I'm curious how well it flushes (and performs in general.) I've only found 5 reviews online so far, 3 good and 2 bad. I'd trust the...
  9. LeoD

Yes, I saw the video with the water swirling around from the rim thought they'd gone with the same flush system as the Drake II. After you mentioned it's a different system, I looked up the TOTO Dynamax page and found this: "With conventional siphon jet flushing systems, the water volume is...
  10. LeoD

Thanks for your reply, Reach4. I didn't realize until you mentioned it that Dynamax is different than Tornado! It appears the difference is that Dynamax flushes entirely from the rim - no siphon jet. Is it inferior? I only see a couple of reviews online for it so far. Does anyone here have...
  11. LeoD

Thank you for the quick reply, Terry! That looks like it might fit if I trim the supply valve flange a little. It's also on the qualifying list for rebates in my area (something I failed to mention before.) How does it compare to the Drake II, which gets so much love on this forum? Is there...
  12. LeoD

Hello. Great forum. Thank you Terry, and everyone who posts! I want to replace a Kohler Wellworth 1.6gpf round with a Drake II 1.0gpf elongated. I was about to order the Drake II when I realized from the pictures and diagram on Toto's site that its base extends farther back than the Kohler...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks