Search results

1. Kim Klein

See you later, not goodbye!

Oh my gosh… I’m so sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with the family and all of us that he helped. I am only a very occasional poster but I come here and read a lot and his sound and kind advice was always much appreciated. Rest well, sir, you’ve earned it.
  2. Kim Klein

I am thinking of putting in a tankless reverse osmosis system but I see

That’s what was puzzling me too! It just didn’t make sense - had a softener for years and never tasted salty, so the info from that company threw me for a loop. I think I’d be totally good using soft water with a RO system. Thanks for your help- I appreciate it.
  3. Kim Klein

I am thinking of putting in a tankless reverse osmosis system but I see

At least one brand (waterdrop) says not to use the system with a water softener. This is the rationale, and frankly it doesn’t make sense to me: https://www.waterdropfilter.com/blogs/buyers-guides/connect-a-water-softener-with-an-ro does this make sense to you, and assuming it does, are there...
  4. Kim Klein

T0T0 Drake toilet product review

So is the Drake II still your top choice for a 2 piece toilet? Need to replace a couple craptacular commodes in my house, and 2 piece ones are easier to wrestle into the somewhat cramped bathrooms there. Old ones are Kohler of some variety, and one has never flushed worth a... hoot. I just...
  5. Kim Klein

Hello - I'm just a homeowner who's done something dumb, and needs help!

No I can't. that's why I closed triplever on the drain to try and (hopefully) keep it from sliding down into the pipe....A picture isn't really gonna show you anything but a tub drain. ;)
  6. Kim Klein

Hello - I'm just a homeowner who's done something dumb, and needs help!

I was trying to clean hair out of the tub drain (one of the flip lever type with a screen thing over the drain) using one of those plastic zip-it things? Well, the zip-it caught on the crossbars of the drain and about half the %)_(@!! thing broke off and is in the drain. I immediately flipped...
  7. Kim Klein

Weird problem With the washer standpipe. The adapter is stuffed down it!

OMG IT WORKED!!! I'm so happy I could cry! :D And I'm not *as* PO'd at idiot stepson now as I see how easily the adapter can get shoved down the standpipe. The adapter really isn't made for a 2 inch pipe, which this one is, and if you don't have it crammed all the up on to the drain hose, it has...
  8. Kim Klein

Omg, this might work perfectly! I didn’t know these existed, but boy it could be handy for a bunch of things! I go right past the “blue box store” on the way to work, so gonna pick one up on the way in to work tomorrow! Thank you so much for this suggestion!
  9. Kim Klein

See, the problem with this (at least as I see it) is that the drain is in one of those washer box things inset inot the wall, and the drain pipe/standpipe is actually glued into the opening of the box. If I cut the drywall and the pipe to get the rubber thing out, then I have to try and fit a...
  10. Kim Klein

Hi - it's stuck down there about a foot... I tried using a wooden dowel with a sharp nail at an angle, but the drain is in one of those washer boxes that's inset into the wall, so there's only a few inches to get it in, and that didn't work. I'm thinking of cutting off the dowel a few inches up...
  11. Kim Klein

Hi . I’m brand new here, and have a problem with the standpipe for my washer. It’s a speed queen washer so the drain hose went into a rubber adapter in the top of the stand pipe. Well, my stepson took the hose out of the standpipe and just crammed in back in, shoving the adapter down INTO the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks