Search results

1. Roadman33

Vanity sink p trap nightmare Help!

Have a lav sink that needs help getting hooked up. Have city inspection next week and need to get this up to code. Any help is greatly appreciated, you guys have saved my bacon more times than I can count.
  2. Roadman33

Rough in drain cluster#@**!help

Wow, mind blown... very cool. will "pick my poison" so to speak and make it work with one of these. I'll post up some pics when its done and passed inspection. thank you again.
  3. Roadman33

Thanks Wayne, Not sure about going through those studs? It is a load bearing wall and i'm (I don't think Im allowed??to drill through more than 2 even with stud shoes?) saying that how can i install vent cause i would have to drill through those same 3 studs for that 1 1/2" vent?
  4. Roadman33

Thanks Wayne, Not sure about going through those studs? It is a load bearing wall and i'm (I don't think Im allowed??to drill through more than 2 even with stud shoes?) saying that how can i install vent cause i would have to drill through those same 3 studs for that 1 1/2" vent?
  5. Roadman33

thank you Wayne, i will take your recommendation with back to back set up. only one quick question: will it pass inspection if i leave cleanout on the bottom of all that? it is currently at the bottom of 2" that everything is draining into facing the wrong way and covered with drywall!
  6. Roadman33

Yes you're correct, and yes mechanical room ptrap uses the 2" as a vent. Added a picture of what I think will pass code for bar sink and lav. Except my set-up would have double long sweep T going into stack. So 2" combo fitting for mechanical room ptrap and bar sink - 1.5" vent added for bar...
  7. Roadman33

Added. Thanks Terry. I'm in Bham,wa so think UPC. Was thinking Y fitting on 2" pipe will work. One way drains mechanical room, other drains lav sink and bar sink. Then run new 1.5" vent loop for bar sink vent. Don't know if lav and bar sink can share that 2" drain or if I need to have bar...
  8. Roadman33

hi guys, I pulled a permit to make my basement bath up to code and need some help. yellow line: 2" goes down to slab then into 3". (think this is vent for toilet?) pink line: 2" goes in to mechanical room p trap for hot water heater overflow & furnace cond. drain. drains down into slab...
  9. Roadman33

Sink drain plumbed with kitchenette???

hey guys, thanks for the help. I was wondering if i;m going to fail bc this is a wet vent and i'm tieing in a bar sink to bathroom wet vent system? Kitchen sink would not be allowed, but what about bar sink? I'm still not sure about having all these fitting adding up on the 2" line in such...
  10. Roadman33

Right, not doing water heater...just going to do the work from this side of walls so I don't mess with bathroom drywall and vanity, and kitchen counter....easy to access from this side.
  11. Roadman33

Here's a pic if the drain. This is the utility room that backs up to the bath and kitchenette where I want to do the work. I am thinking of doing all the work on this side of the walls just behind the water heater so I don't have to do anything to mess up my cosmetic stuff on the bathroom side...
  12. Roadman33

How's this look? Up to code/ okay? Anything I should be sure to do make sure it passes?
  13. Roadman33

Thanks James. I'm putting in for permit and will have to get inspection, I just want to make sure I'm not way off base from the start.
  14. Roadman33

It's just a 2" P trap close to the wall in that room to collect the over flow from the water heater and condensation from the furnace.
  15. Roadman33

Thank you James. I did some more digging and added a drawing of everything that ties into this 2" pipe. Can I do what you proposed even though theres a 2" on the other side of the wall that drains the water heater and utilities? And...is it okay to run that kitchenette drain around the...
  16. Roadman33

Have a look at this pic and tell me what's wrong...Please...and what would be up to code THis is a bath sink drain. the pipe coming through the wall on the left is coming from a kitchenette sink onthe other side of the wall... I just want to know if there is any way in hell that is code, if not...
  17. Roadman33

Check valve on cold line water heater?

My expansion tank is bad. It seems full of water. It also is hot on top and cold on the bottom. When I tap on it it just seems dents like it's got no air in it. Anything I should know about replacing it? If an expansion tank does fail does it make it more likely that the check valve will stay...
  18. Roadman33

What is the expansion tank is broken? Could that be the problem?
  19. Roadman33

I think it's the kitchen sink
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks