Search results

1. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Pressure Tank Over-pressurized (Pressure Switch Stuck), Now Softener & Iron Filter are Messed Up

System details: Pressure tank: fiberglass Wellmate 87gal. WM25-WB (no older than 2005) Air (for Iron) Filter: Water-Right Impression Plus (installed late 2021) Softener: Water-Right Impression Plus (installed late 2021) I was away from home and my wife let me know the water in the kitchen...
  2. J.A.R.V.I.S.

What Exterior Paint Do You Recommend?

I need to repaint a couple doors and porch columns (white). What do you recommend that isn't oil based? While you're here... what paint would you recommend for metal cellar doors?
  3. J.A.R.V.I.S.

What size softener and iron filter?

Household info: •3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms. However, we plan to add 2 more bedrooms and 1 more bath in the next couple years. •6 people (4 kids/babies) •Well pump flow rate: 21 gpm •Hardness: 241.43 mg/L •Iron: 0.90 mg/L •Manganese: 27.1 mg/L •pH: 7.92 •Sulfate: 11.78 mg/L I got a full water test...
  4. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Water Softener & Iron Filter Drain Lines - To Sump or Septic?

The systems will be installed in a "closet" with the pressure tank. There are no floor drains nearby but the sump pit is about 15' away. There's also a bathroom directly overhead on the floor above. I searched here and the advice seems 50/50. It could be good or bad for the septic system, and...
  5. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Aluminosilicate-based Iron Filter?

I'm trying to decide which system to get for iron removal and came across this one. It uses an aluminosilicate-based media, and I didn't see anything about that type of system on here. Pros? Cons?
  6. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Thoughts on the Flexx Oxi-Gen Iron and Sulfur Filter

Last year I was searching for an iron filter (and water softener) and the common issue with the air injection style is that the valves get clogged from oxidized iron and need frequent cleaning/servicing. I never ended up picking one and that project got put on hold. I just did another search and...
  7. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Mounting Many Big Mirrors to Basement Walls on ICF Foundation?

I'd like to mount six 7'x3' mirrors along a basement wall. I planned to use J-mold for the bottom, and clips along the top. The wall is drywall mounted to ICF, not studs. These are thick mirrors for a gym so I'm concerned about weight. Do all brands of ICF blocks have load-bearing mounting...
  8. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Sump Pump Surger Protector?

I bought two of these little single outlet surge protectors, one for the primary sump pump, and one for the battery backup. Upon opening it, I noticed the sticker that says not for use with aquariums or other water-related products. Is there a type of surge protector that can be used with...
  9. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Switchable/On-Demand Water Treatment for Exterior Hose? (For Washing Cars)

Does anyone use some kind of water treatment for washing cars? Our well water is hard, and high in iron so it'd be nice if I could divert the spigot water through something to make it more pure to eliminate water spots, increase soap performance, etc. I do use a pressure washer so it would need...
  10. J.A.R.V.I.S.

Need Help Selecting a Softener & Iron Removal System. Fleck 2510 vs 5900 vs Water-Right Impression?

I came across this forum while researching water treatment options, and it looks like a great resource for home issues. Bookmarked! I just moved into a new-t0-us house (2005) with well water that needs to be addressed. Currently it just has a basic sediment filter, and a Clearwave electronic...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks