Search results

1. spiro

Fleck 5600, twin 1054 tanks and chlorine injection. Valve leak, media replace

Ok. I finally got my test results. Everything with a result is posted below. Calcium 27.8 mg/L Copper 0.099 mg/L Iron 17.516 mg/L Lithium 0.009 mg/L Magnesium 2.47 mg/L Manganese 0.122 mg/L Potassium 1.9 mg/L Silica 19.2 mg/L Sodium 3 mg/L Strontium 0.135 mg/L Zinc 0.024 mg/L 5...
  2. spiro

Some progress. Preliminary test results show High Turbidity (200) and sulfate (20) everything else up to now is marked ND. will update when complete
  3. spiro

That's why I'm trying to DIY also. I haven't come across a knowledgeable, honest local company yet. The experience you described mirrors mine 100%. They want to use what they sell and are not willing to go into specifics or back up their claims. Like I said before I don't blame them, NJ is an...
  4. spiro

@gsmith22. Thank you for your insight. I will simply have to wait for the test results to come back for a decision on chemical treatment _hopefully by Monday or Tuesday_ In the mean time, while trying to research my options, I think a big part or the first part of my problem lies in the fact...
  5. spiro

It's another rabbit hole I fell into!......here is what I read on this page http://www.wcponline.com/2005/07/15/basic-ion-exchange-residential-water-treatment-part-3/ Radon A short-lived radioactive gas produced from decaying uranium that is soluble in water. Can be effectively removed by...
  6. spiro

Update: Called the lab. They where able to test for bacteria and the results where negative. I wont have any preliminary results on anything else until Monday the earliest. In the mean time I'm continuing my research and came across something scary which might also explain why my chlorine...
  7. spiro

Hi ditttohead. "why not just get a modern delivery pump rather than a CSV/pump for the house? The CSV/pump combination is the best I could come up with. I would really appreciate it if you could point me to your suggested alternatives. Is there a modern delivery pump that you can recommend? From...
  8. spiro

Hmm.. you're absolutely right! I was mislead by the 75PSIG indication on the sticker. It clearly says 40 gallon on the upper right corner, Thanks
  9. spiro

Ok. Here is what i'm thinking of doing. Please see diagram. Buy a 200-300 Gallon conical tank with some kind of spray head inside which will be supplied directly by the well pump and will auto-stop the well pump when the water reaches a certain level. This will serve 4 purposes: a)make sure I...
  10. spiro

I already sent out the water test to NTL as instructed here. UPS delayed the shipment by one day due to bad weather but they will be able to use it for everything else except coliform bacteria etc. I figured I will wait for that instead for now. I will update this thread when I have the results
  11. spiro

Sorry for the late reply gsmith22. I haven't had time to research more carefully yet. On another note I received the water test material and hope to ship it to the lab on Tuesday, I will update this thread when I get the preliminary results. I tried the Hach#5 hardness test kit and could not...
  12. spiro

No luck on the well search. Found two of my neighbors but not mine
  13. spiro

Just ordered water test. ...should be about two weeks for full results, they will have preliminary sooner. I will update this thread when I have something
  14. spiro

Thank you for the link i will make an attempt to locate it.
  15. spiro

And a video of the setup https://photos.app.goo.gl/WWmf5uAP3WL6sx7a9
  16. spiro

Understood and will do. I should have done that prior to bothering you guys. We might have to take a short pause and wait for the results. I apologize.
  17. spiro

Makes sense. Most important is to wait for the test. Got to feed the kids now, I will go to the basement later for more details and right back.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks