Search results

1. smo0thie

Strange pressure loss over Fleck 5600 SXT & SS bypass

About 2 1/2 years ago I brought back a neglected AN upflow filter with a Fleck 5600 SXT BW valve with Fleck SS 1” bypass, new media (tank was empty down to the gravel bed), new riser tube and new diffuser. I set the backwash to run for 10 mins, followed by a 10 min rapid rinse, and set to run...
  2. smo0thie

Swapping jet pump for submersible pump + upgrades

So we recently started having issues with our jet pump and have decided to replace the whole jet pump setup to a submersible pump. I’m trying to get all the details squared away before the swap. Probably should have posted earlier, but I’m just wanting some pointers on a few things. The well...
  3. smo0thie

Converting acid neutralizer tank from upflow to backwash (and other water treatment questions)

Hello all. I have been learning a lot about my well and water treatment lately since my well water was contaminated about a month ago. During the shocking process, I accidentally broke the pvc pipe from the pump leading to what I now know is an AN tank. To get water back I plumbed bypassing the...
  4. smo0thie

Pressure tank/well house concerns - need advice

Hi everyone, my first post here. Any advise would be appreciated. We moved into our new house last October and it’s the first time I’ve been on a well. Everything was working fine up until about a month ago when our water turned yellow-brown after a hard rain. I was surprised at this because...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks