Search results

1. Jim Goodman

Uponor PEX issues - 5 leaks in 2 months. House built in 2015. Need advice.

Hope I can get some feedback. I'm in Raleigh, NC. My house was roughed in with Uponor in the first half of 2012. We moved in in September of 2016 (long story), so the system wasn't in use until then but the production lot was from early 2012. We have had no problems so far. Now....we are on...
  2. Jim Goodman

Brown water at only one location after softener regen - happened yesterday - happened one other time 2 years ago

Thank you very much for this great information. The pump is a proportional type, but that feature just did not work properly. The meter has a reed switch and the activation just wasn't consistent. I finally switched the activation of the pump to a flow switch, so now any time water is running...
  3. Jim Goodman

Brown water at only one location after softener regen - happened yesterday - happened one other time 2 years ago

Thank you, I will give that a try. If I remove the salt from the brine tank and just have water in the brine tank, do you have a suggestion of how much iron remover I should dissolve in the brine tank? I've been using citric acid that I buy in bulk and Pro Products Rust Out's active ingredient...
  4. Jim Goodman

No, that's not the order. The order is: 1. Katalox Light backwash filter 2. Whirlpool Item #631984 Model #WHKF-DWHBB cartridge sediment filter 3. Hydrogen Peroxide (Neutra Sul) is injected into the pipe immediately before a static mixing tube that is in-line in the piping between the...
  5. Jim Goodman

JEG in Raleigh Active Member Supporting Member JoinedAug 18, 2022Messages32Reaction score3LocationRaleigh, NC Sunday at 3:00 PM Add bookmark #1 I have a mystery I'd like to figure out. I'm on a well with softener and other filtration: I have the following filtration/treatment on the system...
  6. Jim Goodman

Installing a softener and have questions about sediment accumulation and possible spindown pre-filter

I'm finishing up the installation of a new water heater (Rheem Marathon) and water softener for a 1 BR apartment I have over a free-standing garage. The old propane water heater had rusted out and I did away with the gas and converted to electric. The apartment is on a well and has not been...
  7. Jim Goodman

40/60 pressure swith is turning on at 20 and off at 40. What's going on?

.........and if after checking, the pressures are significantly different, what might that mean? If the tank pressure is higher than the gauge, what could that mean? And if the tank pressure is lower than the gauge, what might that mean? Thanks.
  8. Jim Goodman

Thanks........ second suggestion that I do that. I'll check it.
  9. Jim Goodman

I did not verify it, but I also replaced that with a good, liquid-filled gauge when I replaced the pressure switch and the fact that the gauge is reading exactly 20 PSI difference between on and off points leads me to think that it's OK.....but I will keep that thought in the back of my mind as...
  10. Jim Goodman

My pressure tank is in a utility room in my house. I have a 44-gallon Well-X-Trol WX-250 pressure tank. The pressure tank was installed in 2012 while I was building the house, but did not come into use until 2016 when we moved in. I have a Cycle Stop Valve on my system immediately before the...
  11. Jim Goodman

Thought I had a bad GFCI but something else is going on - Help!

I need to give some background first: On my property, I have a freestanding garage with a 1 bedroom apt. over it. I use the garage as a workshop. It is separately metered and has a 200 amp service. The garage is a 3-car garage with a 16' wide overhead door and an 8' wide overhead door. It's...
  12. Jim Goodman

Question about 2-wire centrifugal pump, VFD and too small whole house generator

I do, but the service is always interrupted despite the UPS. We're on AT&T fiber and we're 800' from the street and there are a couple of other devices that AT&T has on the system besides the gateway and more often than not, we have to do a manual reset. I don't know why, but we do.
  13. Jim Goodman

This is how I see it working: When utility power goes out, I lose all power for about 15 seconds before the generator starts up on its own. During that time, if the pump happened to be running, it would shut down. If the water heater happened to be heating, it would shut down. The relays...
  14. Jim Goodman

Thank you, Cary. You've answered my questions. I had my Generac dealer out today to do PM on my generator and to investigate a possible load shed module for the water heater (Rheem Marathon, 4500 watts, resistance elements). As I said earlier, if I were to do it again, I would have gotten a...
  15. Jim Goodman

I have an 800' deep well that serves my house, with a 2-wire, 1hp Grundfos pump. This forum was very helpful in solving a problem I had a few years ago with the prior 1-1/2hp pump that was too large and quickly burned up. The advice I received led to the current 1 hp pump, along with a Cycle...
  16. Jim Goodman

Sudden change in water color & taste

.......I'm quite certain that is not the problem. The well casing is 8" in diameter (the well was drilled before we bought the property (11 acres) intending for it to be a community well but it only serves our house). The seal is 2 years old and the wellhead is covered with a waterproof...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks