Search results

1. Radiant heating newbie

Best bathroom fixtures

Thanks for the scoop. The current fixtures are Delta. One thing about Delta their customer service is really strong. They have in the past were really easy to work with and they shipped replacement parts free of charge on shipping and the parts themselves. Based on that I was leaning towards...
  2. Radiant heating newbie

Best bathroom fixtures

Hey Sylvan - I agree with you that it is a waste of doing up the bath fixtures because there are the types who will always will redo it. How about the folks who want move in ready and they want everything updated and they themselves don't want to change anything. There is a group of buyers who...
  3. Radiant heating newbie

Drain pipe expansion/contraction noise

I have similar issue. Is the solution some type of noise damping near the pipe. Meaning I have to remove the drywall and put the insulation around the pipe. Also this noise only started in the last 3 years. I have been living in this building for 13 years. More recent item than in the past.
  4. Radiant heating newbie

Best bathroom fixtures

I have three full baths. They are all twenty years old and they are in very good condition. We are in a dilemma over here that if we sell the house some folks want a redone bathroom and some folks it doesn't matter what the bathroom looks like they will redo the bathroom to their liking and we...
  5. Radiant heating newbie

Drain pipe expansion/contraction noise

oops I wish I saw your thread earlier. I have a similar question.
  6. Radiant heating newbie

PVC Pipe Clicking

Hi - I am sure this one is an easy one for the crew that is on this site. I have a PVC pipe running down behind the drywall in the office. What I have noticed is when the above apartments dishwasher runs the water discharge going down the pipe makes a clicking noise. I am thinking the dishwasher...
  7. Radiant heating newbie

Pumping solution

Thanks just a pump in case. The distance from back of the small sub-basement to the the street is the fifty plus feet. So my understanding is that I am really dealing with 20' of elevation head to deal with. ok it's time to do some research. Thanks again.
  8. Radiant heating newbie

Pumping solution

hi, The city's water main break on a 12-inch pipe flooded my church's basement. It made me think about my home, a couple of blocks away. I have a true sub-basement with a French drainage system. It has a sump pit with a sump pump and a marine battery backup sump pump. I think that setup is...
  9. Radiant heating newbie

Condensate neutralizer kits

Hi, I had a Navien neutralizer kit for the Navien boiler I had. It got clogged up and just backed up water and dripped water all over the place. My boiler expert installed a 2 in one neutralizer and condensate pump combo. I wanted a condensate pump since there was just not enough space for the...
  10. Radiant heating newbie

Cleaning Condensate Pumps

Hi just would like to know the best way to clean a condensate pump vinyl tubing line for discharge. I looked on the web and found putting bleach in the pump water bin is a good way. Then I found a lot of postings saying that is not the way to go. The bleach can corrode pipes. Then i found to use...
  11. Radiant heating newbie

See you later, not goodbye!

I am a bit at a loss for words. I extend my condolences to the family and friends. It's these forums that bring out the best in people. Terry himself has responded to my newbie homeowner questions and guided me along the way. My parents immigrated to this country many years ago and they are...
  12. Radiant heating newbie

Outside Drain Clogging What is the best solution

hi Sylvan, Actually the alley way is fully enclosed on four sides. It's like a tub. The access is through a side door from my walkout basement. It has a six inch drop down from the door to the concrete floor of the alley way. I started and finished the bacteria treatment. This spring I will do...
  13. Radiant heating newbie

Navien NCB240e Exhaust/Condensate Leak?

Hi all, I hope I can add this to the thread since I have bit of a similar issue. I have a NB-150 Navien. The water is leaking from the condensate line. I got the line all secured and then water is leaking from the bottom of the syphon. The interior of the boiler is bone dry. I took a look at the...
  14. Radiant heating newbie

Pin Hole Leak

hi, I have been in the current property for about 12 years. The freezer never had the ice making device turned on. There is small copper pipe that runs from the fridge to the sink where all of the kitchen piping is. There the shut off valve has the water turned off to this pipe. Just today I...
  15. Radiant heating newbie

HVAC Surge Protector

Thanks I had my electrician install an Eaton on the panel taking up two spots. He shifted two devices down. The panel was full so he made two breakers into twin breakers. It was not expesnive at all and I regret not doing it years ago.
  16. Radiant heating newbie

Repair or replace HVAC

hey Fitter30. I did have a private energy audit person go through the property two years ago. My property was too strange to do an blower test. My front door goes to a lobby. If I recollect correctly the property was pretty well insulated. There was not too much they can do. I did have one...
  17. Radiant heating newbie

Repair or replace HVAC

Thanks for the reply. It's a 3 family wood construction row house in a city.I live in the bottom unit. We have 1200 sq feet of livable space with an entire building butting up against us on one side. Exposed in the front and back to the outside. Another conidtioned unit space above us. The...
  18. Radiant heating newbie

Repair or replace HVAC

Well things have changed. I brought a second tech in to check things out. He basically went to both areas roof and garage and basically said its not leaking any refrigerant. The first tech was from a different company. When I questioned about the refrigerant being low to the first tech he broke...
  19. Radiant heating newbie

HVAC Surge Protector

Thanks for the advice. I had a whole house surge protector done on my mom's house. I have to take a look into the cost of having one at my place. I live in a three family condo building. AC on the roof. We do have a dedicated panel for our unit. There is an AC disconnect on the roof. Two of the...
  20. Radiant heating newbie

HVAC Surge Protector

Hi six years ago I had a surge protector installed on my central air. It made sense to me at the time. I am getting a new central air installed does everyone give a thumbs up on a surge protector? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks