Search results

1. Mev

Manual J contractor

The guy who quoted me the 24K outdoor unit and the 15K and 18K indoor units pointed me to Daiken's installation pdf: Multi-Zone Combination Table Install the indoor unit according to the table below, which shows the relationship between the class of indoor unit and the corresponding port. The...
  2. Mev

Manual J contractor

I did not ask for that, and not a single one said anything about doing a manual J.
  3. Mev

Manual J contractor

I have no idea if this helps in any way. I looked at my natural gas usage for heating the house and it averages 1000 therms per year at worse. Very roughly estimating my boiler efficiency at 90% at best. So I needed 90,000K BTUs/year at worse to heat my house. I followed instructions from green...
  4. Mev

Manual J contractor

I'm in Northeast Massachusetts. We have gotten some estimates on a mini-split system with 2 heads. This is not for the whole house, it is just what we can afford to do at this time, and to tackle the 2 worst areas in the house during the summer. Heating during the winter would be a positive, but...
  5. Mev

Intake/Exhaust piping issue with Navien NHB-150

I do not know about the flu analyzer. I did exactly what you suggested. Thanks.
  6. Mev

Noisy Grundfos Pump

I have a noisy Grundfos UPS26-99FC pump. Sort of a clunky sound when running. A few months ago it had locked up, but switching the pump to high speed got it running again. But, then the noise started increasing. So I ordered a replacement cartridge from supplyhouse. I noticed about 3/32" play in...
  7. Mev

There was a weird white coating on the bathroom window about 5' above the exhaust and on a first floor window about 15' away horizontally.I've tried a bunch of window cleaners and chemicals and it does not remove it. I can get some off using a single sided razor blade, but even that is very...
  8. Mev

Forgot the picture
  9. Mev

The original installer piped the intake and exhaust from my Navien NHB-150 incorrectly according to a new plumber we called out for maintenance. The town inspected and OK'd the installation. I've attached a picture of the outside piping. The intake comes out of the house on the right of the...
  10. Mev

To flush or not to flush Navien NHB-150

Thanks that makes sense. A tankless has the domestic water flowing thru the heat exchanger whenever someone turns on the hot faucet. Simple, but I could not understand it on my own. Thanks again.
  11. Mev

To flush or not to flush Navien NHB-150

I have gotten 2 different opinions on flushing my Navien NHB-150 boiler during annual service. The installer, who no longer services or installs boilers, would flush the system during maintenance. A new plumber who came out says it is not necessary to flush. I looked at the Navien website...
  12. Mev

Navien NHB-150 water temp over 200 degrees

Thanks, I did not have that manual.
  13. Mev

I did what an old plumber taught me. Took the metal end of a screwdriver and placed it against the Taco pump, the other end went into my ear. It sounded like a motor/gear moving smooth. I then did the same with the Grundfos, that has a consistent rattle noise, but that pump has been working on L...
  14. Mev

I did not see any codes after I came home and turned it back on. My wife first saw what she described as red gobbledygook flashing, and then seeing the E001 code before she turned things off.
  15. Mev

While working, there was 116v at the pump terminals
  16. Mev

All the pipes were cold to the touch. The 4 Taco zone circulators had an amber light constantly on, but those pipes were also cold. I would guess it was a bad reading, but when I first got here, purged the system, and turned the boiler on, I could see the display temperature reading increase...
  17. Mev

Haven't heard back from the other plumber yet. The wife called me again and there was a E001 error code. Had her turn the power off and was able to get home. Did an air purge, but got no bubbles after filling a 5gal bucket. Started trying different things (power cycling, disconnecting the...
  18. Mev

Thanks, I can breath easier until I get there.
  19. Mev

Got a call from my wife that the heating system was not working. The display on the boiler was garbled and flashing red. She turned the power off and on, and it seemed to reset, but the water tank is calling for heat and the display is showing 200 to 204 degrees and around 9psi. Also, she says...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks