Search results

1. CountryBoy19

Help me fix this mess: 2 bowl sink drain w/ disposal

I think I can make that work! The reverse trap trick (new knowledge to me once I started digging into this), and cutting the offset to get a 45 were to breadcrumbs I needed to wrap my head around this.
  2. CountryBoy19

Center of drain through wall: 12" above the cabinet Center of disposal discharge: 12-7/8"
  3. CountryBoy19

I definitely don't plan to shut down input bc I really do want input, but moving the disposal to the shallow bowl isn't going to happen. My head will be on a pike outside if I did that... I'm looking for more along the lines of "use a reverse trap and a doohickey fitting to get around the...
  4. CountryBoy19

The primary cause of this problem appears to be a relatively high and partially obstructed drain stub in the cabinet (it's only 3/4" below the disposal outlet and right behind the disposal). This all develops periodical leaks, I tighten it up and it eventually leaks again. I think it's happening...
  5. CountryBoy19

How to diagnose plugged vent stack? Slow toilet...

It's not the vent, I figured out a way to test it and had good water flow down the stack. Looks like a lot of junk came loose in the siphon jet with the CLR soak so I rolled it on its side to let the CLR work on the rim jets. I'm not giving up just yet but fully recognize that I may need a...
  6. CountryBoy19

Anyone else with thoughts or advice?
  7. CountryBoy19

I thought of that, unfortunately the vent that I suspect is plugged branches off the vertical part of the stack, right above the elbow that levels out and goes horizontally to the rest of the plumbing. I could try the hose but I don't think I could confirm it is plugged, the best I could hope...
  8. CountryBoy19

First of all, I noticed a couple weeks ago our toilet in the master bath was draining slow. The water will rise in the bowl, swirl around, but never develop the siphon to suck the water level back down, it would just slowly drain back down to neutral level. Toilet is a 1992 Gerber, not a low...
  9. CountryBoy19

Help identifying obscure Delta Monitor valve

I have this Delta Monitor shower faucet, believed to be original to the house (started in 1993, completed in 1994). I can't find any videos detailing cartridge removal nor can I identify the model to ensure I get the right parts. I believe this is possibly a 17T or older variant of the 17T. The...
  10. CountryBoy19

Pitless adapter

I'm not sure if your question was answered. If you're wondering about how to install the pitless 4.5 ft down the casing after it's in place without dropping the outer piece off you do it upside down so the outer piece is hanging on the inner piece. If you install your pitless tool into the side...
  11. CountryBoy19

Two pressure tanks at different pressures?

Can it be put right at the pump? This is a cistern we are talking about, the pump is accessible but the penetration the waterline passes through is not, so the CSV would have to be directly in the ground outside the cistern, or under water, right above the pump, laying at the bottom of the cistern.
  12. CountryBoy19

The line is a 1" line. Undersized or not, it's what I have and adding the 2nd pressure tank to buffer the peak demands on it worked very well. Funny you mention municipal water, because municipal water systems DO, in fact, experience pressure fluctuations. I used to experience them a LOT at my...
  13. CountryBoy19

Point of clarification, I never stated there was a delay in flow or total loss of pressure. There was a noticeable pressure drop, which decreased flow. IE, the shower flow would decrease for a few seconds if the toilet was flushed. I'm a bit shocked I'm getting such pushback on basic stuff...
  14. CountryBoy19

The rule about the pressure being equal at both ends is only true when the water is stationary. As soon as the water starts flowing the pressure drops, it drops due to the inertia of the water and friction loss in the pipe. The drop caused by inertia is only temporary, the drop due to friction...
  15. CountryBoy19

CSVs are rated for use right at the top of the pump or direct burial in earth? I didn't realize that. There is nowhere to put a CSV at the pump unless it's buried underground.
  16. CountryBoy19

No extra check valves, the lower pressure tank is 1350 feet away from the house (and upper tank), the cistern & pump is 1200 feet away. Any time a valve is opened demanding more flow rate from a line that long there will be a pressure drop until the water gets moving faster. There is also a...
  17. CountryBoy19

Increasing domestic water pressure

It's all a moot point now, he no longer lives at that house. That was 7 or 8 years ago. I only mentioned this situation to reinforce that replaceable bladders sound like a good idea but they aren't.
  18. CountryBoy19

This^^^ My setup involves 2 pressure tanks, 1 at my cistern that is 1200 ft from the house, at approximately 25 feet lower than the house, and 1 at the house to help buffer demands (it takes a couple seconds to get the water in a 1200 ft water line moving so we would always get significant...
  19. CountryBoy19

How to valve multiple wells into a single supply?

I got the water test results back. Everything is normal or very low except sodium which is very high (107 ppm). To quantify that I did a taste test and the salt taste was barely noticeable. I wouldn't drink the water, but I don't think the level is high enough to cause issues with fixtures...
  20. CountryBoy19

Increasing domestic water pressure

In the case of my FIL, he's a sharp man, he noticed pretty quickly and got it replaced before the pump failed.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks