Search results

1. aceinc

Expected life/reliability of submersible pump

BTW, where can I purchase the delay timers, I am looking for?
  2. aceinc

My reason for running the UV device after the flow stops, is to keep it from cycling too much when the water is turned off & on. I imagine too much cycling is bad for the device. For example when washing dishes by hand we are constantly turning the water off & on. They actually recommend the UV...
  3. aceinc

Quite simple, I will be installing two devices that I would like to put delay off timers on. 1) In my aeration tank I would like to install a corona discharge ozone generator. When water is pumped into the tank, I would like to start the generator (it has a bubbler) and have it run for 2 hours...
  4. aceinc

Knowing what to call a device really helps when trying to find it. With your help, I found this Delay On Release It seems a bit cumbersome to work with, in that it seems to use a DIN connector. Any ideas on other products that might be easier to work with?
  5. aceinc

How can I create a whole house Battery Backup using a stepwise approach?

I am beginning to put the pieces of the puzzle together. I have found a device that I believe will do most of what I need. https://www.aimscorp.net/12000-Watt-Inverter-Charger-48-volt-to-120-240vac.html The part I am trying to work out is how to disconnect the mains and then feed my entire...
  6. aceinc

Being an IT consultant for 40+ years and still in the field, I am very aware of the reasons for data centers in particular to use full load UPS systems, backed up by diesel generators. The point of all this is to fill in my knowledge gaps as it applies to implementing a whole house battery...
  7. aceinc

Partly to take care of hurricane scenarios. Partly to avoid investing in fossil fuels. Partly to help during minor (10 minute to 1 hour) outages. Lastly because it interests me. Yes I could get a generator. Yes the initial cost would be less, although I would go for a 20-22KW generator. I...
  8. aceinc

Related to this build, but not necessarily to the above questions; I would like a flow switch with a countdown timer. Does anything like that exist? Precisely what I am trying to do is, when water flows I would like to turn on (110v < 1 amp) something, but when the water stops, I would like...
  9. aceinc

I am aware I would need a transfer switch. Most automatic transfer switches I have seen have a group of circuits they wish to keep operational during the outage. I would like to transfer the entire load, not just a group of circuits. People tend to electrocute themself and burn things down...
  10. aceinc

I am aware of everything you are saying. However, were I to gain a better understanding of the bits & pieces I do not know, I still may wish to pursue the project. My neighborhood does not have natural gas, so I would need to buy propane and have it trucked in. Diesel is another alternative...
  11. aceinc

I would like to create a battery backup system for my entire house. I would like to take a step wise approach to this project, to reduce initial capital outlay. I see the project broken into 4 basic sections; Charging the batteries. (Inverter) Powering the house from the batteries. (Charger)...
  12. aceinc

The Franklin cistern pump is not rated for potable water use. I have no desire to grow any extra appendages. Plus I couldn't find a pressure over flow graph. I really do want to end up with >10 GPM at 65 PSI.
  13. aceinc

Thanks for the replies. I had previously reviewed posts on that which cannot be mentioned. Which is how I came up with the horizontal attitude. I looked at the PumpChamber http://www.wellmanager.com/pumpchamber/ but it doesn't have a price. I called, no answer sent an email to see what the...
  14. aceinc

I do not want to start a religious war, but, "What can I expect as far as longevity/reliability of a submersible pump in an aeration tank?" My "water system guy" says his experience is, they burn out every year or two. The usage is a house with 3 occupants & a swimming pool in S Florida. Light...
  15. aceinc

New potable well system recommendations

If this thread should be moved to that forum, and you can do it, please do.
  16. aceinc

When the well was drilled ~20 years ago, I was told the flow rate would never be greater than 3 GPM. That is one reason for the 250 gallons of atmospheric tanks. It provides reserve so I do not run out of water. One tank has a spray bar. The problem isn't during the hurricane, it is after...
  17. aceinc

I am "designing" my new well system. I live in S. Florida and have a 180' well. The water contains Hydrogen Sulfide gas. Currently we off-gas using no pressure aeration tanks. A second pump takes the water from the aeration tanks and pressurizes it for use in my home. The first area I would...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks