Search results

1. Nathan Davis

Life expectancy of old A/C

I live in Springfield MO, and have a Rheem 5-ton central A/C. The system was first installed in 1994, but the compressor was replaced in August of 2005. I use the system for A/C only, not as a heat pump for the remainder of the year (The system is a heat pump, but it is wired only for cooling...
  2. Nathan Davis

Adjust gas flow valve down for a boiler?

I recently add an Aquastat 3200 and outside sensor to my Utica 200K Btu MGB boiler, and also replaced my SINGLE zone of 3" diameter hot water distribution pipes with a 3 zone system of 1-1/4 PEX pipe. This is a non-condensing boiler rated at 81% efficiency with a DOE rating of 165K Btu. The...
  3. Nathan Davis

Repurpose a boiler combination gas valve for a gas fireplace?

When I replaced my boiler about 10 years ago, I scavenged a Robertshaw 7200 IPER combination gas valve off of it. It has three terminals marked M, C, and P, and a ground terminal. The valve is marked LP, but it was used for natural gas. Now, I'd like to install a gas fireplace with a standing...
  4. Nathan Davis

Boiler location in a basement closet?

I live in a 1928 vintage house with hot water radiators. My natural gas-fired boiler is located about 24" away from the poured concrete wall in my basement, and the air intake and controls are all located on boiler surfaces facing away from the concrete wall, easily accessible for maintenance...
  5. Nathan Davis

Hidden loop in water supply line

I’m totally stumped with a plumbing problem. Where my main water line enters my basement, it splits into two lines, line A and line B. Line A feeds water to all the internal house fixtures (initially going through the whole house filter and the water softener), and line B supposedly feeds...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks