Search results

1. Zayd

Basement Bathroom rough-in: please check my design

I realize I haven't posted an update here for a while. I'll grab some pictures and post soon. One question for tomorrow's PVC work. I am wet venting the bathroom group through an AAV at the lavatory. In the layout below, is there any issue with the circled section turning to the side for 12"...
  2. Zayd

Bathroom exhaust make-up air and flow

The other complication I forgot to mention: I am mounting a Panasonic combination heater/fan, so the heat being close to the shower area is ideal. I am still willing to abandon this fan and remotely mount a fan with shallower ducting to the shower area, as suggested here. That leaves the heater...
  3. Zayd

Great idea except that the joists run perpendicular to the two fan locations. Believe me, I've run through just about every permutation of what is possible. 9" is a lot to lose!
  4. Zayd

That would be ideal, but I have the same joist bay obstructions to deal with, so it won't save any headroom.
  5. Zayd

Hello, everyone. As I continue my basement finishing project, I am planning my bathroom fan location and am hoping to get some simple guidance on how feasible my approach is from an air movement standpoint. I originally planned to place the bathroom exhaust fan in a conventional location near...
  6. Zayd

Nibco vs Watts 1/2" ball valve question (copper / sweat)

I did not catch that distinction, John -- good point. The Nibco is indeed bronze vs. Watts brass. I wonder if that also accounts for the rougher casting.
  7. Zayd

Nibco vs Watts 1/2" ball valve question (copper / sweat)

I'm reviving this thread as I was at Menards looking to buy several 1" and 3/4" full port ball valves to redo my water setup. While the Nibco was much heavier, the Watts had a more refined casting and the ball machining was also cleaner. The Nibco had an awkward and bumpy opening inside the...
  8. Zayd

Reworking and updating my well water setup

Thanks for the feedback, Cary. I'll move that ball valve downstream of the pressure switch.
  9. Zayd

Alright, based on feedback and research here, this is my plan: This would all be located in the basement. The orange ovals are full-port ball valves. Does this arrangement look good/make sense? My only open question is if I should include a drain elbow at #1 to drain what doesn't get blown...
  10. Zayd

Thank you -- this is the one I'm looking at based on 1" input size and the fact that it's USA-made: https://www.sprinklerwarehouse.com/conbraco-4a-100-dca-backflow-preventer-1-in-fpt-cdc4a-105-a2f My plan is to only run the PEX inside the basement, through the foundation wall, and to the valve...
  11. Zayd

Correct -- I have my hose bibs and future irrigation supply lines coming off the main before the filter and softener. And this is where my question was: does a double-check valve cover this requirement? I plan on tackling the actual irrigation setup later; for now, I want to get my supply...
  12. Zayd

Hello, folks. I'm coming back to the well -- pun intended -- for guidance on updating my water setup. According to the records I received during my home purchase 2.5 years ago, I have a submersible pump at 75' delivering approximately 8gpm. I'm not aware of the pump ever being replaced, so I...
  13. Zayd

Unexpected results from pressure switch and tank adjustment

Well, this is embarrassing. The mystery is solved. I purchased a thread-on pressure gauge and checked pressure at the three hose bibs. Two were at system pressure, the farthest was only 2psi under. Since those lines come off the main before the filter/softener, that pointed back to Cary's...
  14. Zayd

Good idea. I'll pick up a gauge tonight to test pressure at the hose bibs further downstream and hopefully isolate the area where the restriction lives. Ranch home, and the showers in question are fed by 3/4" copper runs until they reduce to 1/2" within a few feet of the mixing valves. I did...
  15. Zayd

Thanks -- shower head is new and clean. Good call on the pressure gauge -- I will pick up a new one today. Thanks, Cary. I bypassed the filter and softener and the pressure was unaffected. I let the shower run a couple of minutes, although I expect that I'd see an immediate increase in...
  16. Zayd

First thing is first -- this is my first post since learning that Terry passed and I want to acknowledge the great community he built here. I am certainly grateful for it, as are many like me. As I work through projects in my 1991 house, I've finally decided to learn enough (mostly from this...
  17. Zayd

After some staring and measuring and thinking, I realized I have an excess of pitch on the toilet run, so I can gain about 1.5” of height at the stub. Given that the finished floor will also be about 1.75” above the slab, I think I may have enough room to squeeze a cleanout fitting in there. My...
  18. Zayd

Makes sense. The area directly behind the toilet will indeed be a storage room, so it's an ideal spot for the clean-out. It would require a little more concrete removal but nothing excessive. I'll first confirm that there will indeed not be enough room for a traditional cleanup directly above...
  19. Zayd

Update: The township inspector came by today to inspect the rough plumbing. He was a very friendly gentleman and was clearly trying to work with me and not be a pain. He complemented me on my clean work (woohoo) and had three points of feedback: 1. After reading here about running the ejector...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks