Search results

1. 2002sheds

Leak under concrete slab? Where?

Hi All, This forum has been fantastic, so I am hoping that you all can help me yet again :) We have a rental house that was built in the early 1950s and it has a concrete slab. You probably already know where this is going… When we bought the house, the living room floor had a...
  2. 2002sheds

What was typical rough-in shower/tub in the 50s... copper?

Hi All, I am needing to replace the 1950's 3 handle (hot, cold, and shower/tub) valve assembly in my mother-in-law's 1950s house, and I am considering a Moen setup that uses PEX. When I have replaced the stem for the shower head, it appears that the small part that I can see in the...
  3. 2002sheds

Temperature fluctuations shower

Hi All, I’m a bit stumped by this one… we have a second “cottage” on our property that is heated via a Noritz tankless heater. The shower is the furthest away from the water heater, and the bathroom sink just before the shower (and on the same plumbing) is showing no issues with...
  4. 2002sheds

Stubborn leak where service meets house

Hi All, The water pipe where the water from the street meets the pipe that goes into the house developed a leak the other day when a glue joint gave way. The configuration is a little complicated by a code requirement that we have 1-1/2” pipe from the street for fire suppression...
  5. 2002sheds

Radiant floor heat provided by Tankless. Need explanation...

Hi All, Our house is heated by a 2 zone open-loop radiant system with PEX. We occasionally need to clean out the sprayer diverter in the kitchen sink faucet and the supply line itself (when it is really badly clogged with grit). I installed a fine mesh filter on the cold water supply...
  6. 2002sheds

4 year old Whirlpool water heater has water constantly dribbling out of pressure relief valve

Hi All, We have a 4 year old Whirlpool water heater that is stumping me... when I increase the water temperature, the pilot goes out. Now, after reducing the water temperature, I have the heater is constantly heating water and a slight flow is coming from the pressure relief valve at all...
  7. 2002sheds

No flow at all from tankless

Hi, I am a bit sheepish in even asking this, but immediately after cleaning the inlet filter on our Noritz tankless heater I am experiencing zero water flow from the outlet side, even when tripping the pressure relief valve. The shutoff valves are in the correct positions 9I have verified...
  8. 2002sheds

Water heater connection. What is this?

Hi All, I was given a Takagi tankless water heater by friend of mine. The heater was functioning just fine, but he needed to switch to a different type. When I got the heater home and looked at it more carefully, I saw that the water inlet was nearly completely clogged with some sort...
  9. 2002sheds

Radiant floor heating/domestic hot water check valve needed

Hi, I have an "open system" that supplies hot water for both radiant floor heating and domestic hot water. Our needs for the building have changed, and there is now a small kitchen and bathroom that receive hot water. Since the system is open (no check valves to prevent water from coming...
  10. 2002sheds

No flow from nearest faucets after water heater replaced

Hi, I have been doing most of the repairs around our house for over 30 years, but this one has me stumped... I replaced the water heater in the garage, turned everything back on, opened the nearest hot water faucet (kitchen, next to garage), got tons of air rushing out, then...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks