Search results

1. Relevante

Direct well aeration?

Ok that makes sense. Great to know there might be an option. Thanks. It’s amazing to me that the CSV isn’t way more common than it is. Just another example of why I like doing my own stuff and don’t always listen to the “way we’ve always done it.”
  2. Relevante

Direct well aeration?

Interesting. This doesn't really fit this thread exactly, but it's the same well, and since you're here: I installed a CSV in the house I'm selling to move to the new place with the sulfur well and it's been amazing. A real game changer in shower experience and the utility room there was...
  3. Relevante

Direct well aeration?

OK interesting. I just dug a bit on this and learned of a third type of bacteria in addition to strict aerobes and anaerobes: faculative anaerobes. This includes coliforms and IRB, but interestingly, not SRB. So if I had to guess, aeration would help the SRB/H2S problem, but possibly at the cost...
  4. Relevante

Direct well aeration?

I just measured the well and hit water at 22' and the bottom at 140'. I'm thinking I would start by sinking the air line most of the way to the bottom which would still only be about 50PSI. Sludge buildup is definitely a concern and maybe it is the good reason not to do it at all. Was thinking...
  5. Relevante

Direct well aeration?

Good ideas, I think I’d certainly do that when a new pump is being installed, or it’s pulled for any reason. I have a big air compressor about 100’ from the well so I think I’m just going to plumb up a small filtered and flow controlled line over there to play with. It of course won’t be...
  6. Relevante

Direct well aeration?

Also based on what I see of the sulfur eliminator it must not take much to change the picture. If I hadn’t seen lots of people saying it worked like magic I’d never believe that little mist of water could do anything.
  7. Relevante

Direct well aeration?

50’ of 1/4” OD line displaces just over 1lb of water. So that shouldn’t be too hard to rig up.
  8. Relevante

Direct well aeration?

I was planning to weight it and get it down pretty deep. Haven’t yet figured out how much that would take and how practical it is though.
  9. Relevante

Direct well aeration?

I’ve got a well with bad H2S issues. At the moment it’s doing much better after Reach4’s sanitizing procedure yesterday but I’m looking at what can be done to keep it that way. I found the Sulfur Eliminator which seems interesting and commonly successful, but potentially problematic and at the...
  10. Relevante

New (to me) property with heavy sulfur odor. Getting started on fixing it.

Did this process yesterday and flushed everything out today. At the moment, even out in the barn where there is no filtration whatsoever, the sulfur smell is gone. Waiting for my test kit to see what else may need managed when I remove the leased systems, but this was definitely great first...
  11. Relevante

Katalox + Clack + Ozone = success!

Agreed. Wondering exactly what valve and generator OP used?
  12. Relevante

If my math is right, achieving 200ppm of bleach in 180 gallons of water with 7.5% bleach is just 180 * 200 / 1000000 / 0.075 = 0.48 gallons of bleach. So if I just work in about a half gallon of bleach and a corresponding amount of vinegar over the hour that it's running I should be more or less...
  13. Relevante

Unfortunately I don't know any of those variables at the moment (we haven't moved yet and I'm not there today). Of course I can find the diameter as soon as I am there, but what I do know is that it is supposedly an extra high capacity "commercial" well that was installed because a previous...
  14. Relevante

OK, that would be amazing. I figure I can run a hose and use my main house's well for this, supplemented by as many clean 5 gallon buckets as I can find. Provided I run the hose long enough, this is a good approach, right?
  15. Relevante

Ok, so it’s realistic to think they can be set back for an extended period if I’m thorough? That would be great. I’m likely still looking at some sort of ongoing treatment/filtration though, right? Or is this possibly a complete solution? I’ve got quite a bit of gravel driveway within hose...
  16. Relevante

OK, makes sense. The nose test is clearly positive, so I'll proceed to find out what else I'm dealing with, either before or following the sanitizing procedure as suggested by Reach4. Thanks.
  17. Relevante

OK, sounds like a plan. Would you do this before or after sampling the well, or does it really matter? Is it worth buying a test and checking specifically for SRB prior to sanitizing, or is it pretty safe to assume they're there just based on the water quality issues?
  18. Relevante

Hello all. Several years ago I had a serious iron problem at my home. The professionally installed system was working horribly, and as I learned more in my own research, largely from these forums, in the process of fixing it, I found that it was horribly designed. Not nearly enough flow...
  19. Relevante

Iron Out to clean Katalox Light?

After letting the bleach sit for an hour and then flushing it for 40 minutes, the water out of the KL filter is testing around 1ppm Fe. So a big improvement, but still not as good as new.
  20. Relevante

Iron Out to clean Katalox Light?

Hello, Just under a year ago, I installed a system to remove iron and hardness based on a Katalox Light backwashing filter followed by a large softener. Everything was working great until just a few days ago when I noticed poor water quality in the shower. I flushed the softener twice with a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks