Search results

1. HiQ

Filter on Septic Ejector Pump

I'm trying to sort out all new parts to redo our existing septic ejector system and I'm stuck on the filter. The feed to the pump is a 1-1/4" poly pipe from the grey water side of the holding tank. Currently it has a plastic filter on it that has a small air leak. The previous one (same model)...
  2. HiQ

Adding Redundant Septic Pump

So our main (only) septic pump must have gave up the ghost yesterday and I was woken up with a little backup in our basement. Nothing crazy thankfully as the water alarm beside the floor drain went off. For some reason our high alarm float didn't alert us (PumpSpy device, but it seems very...
  3. HiQ

Septic Ejector Outlet Help

So we are rural and have a septic ejector setup. Essentially a 1-1/4" poly pipe comes into our house from the filtered size of the septic tank and a monarch 1/3hp effluent pump pumps it out to a standoff in our yard. The standoff is what looks to be a 4" PVC pipe inside a 5" PVC pipe (casing...
  4. HiQ

New Bathroom Wiring Questions - Canada

So I realize that code states a new bathroom in Canada must be 12g 20amp. I also used to know that all lighting circuits in Canada had to be 14g 15amp. Do we have the exception like in the NEC where if I run a new dedicated 12/2 20amp new bathroom circuit to a 20amp GFCI in the bathroom, I can...
  5. HiQ

New Bathroom Plumbing Rough In Help

Hey everyone. I've done some personal DIY plumbing here and there, mainly finish stuff or modifying existing. My BIL wants to add a bathroom to the house he purchased and has enlisted me to help. He's handling all the framing and boarding/mud/tape/etc, but I am up for the wiring and plumbing...
  6. HiQ

GFCI Single pole breaker feeding sub panel with multi-wire branch circuit

Okay so I got a weird one. Plugged in the wife's block heater on her car and the breaker blew. Went downstairs and realized what is here cannot be right. Looks like a single pole 30A GFCI breaker feeding a 4 circuit sub panel. On that panel is a multi-wire branch circuit feeding the garage...
  7. HiQ

Septic Grey Water Ejector Pump Losing Prime?

So we have a bit of a weird setup for our septic system. We have a separating tank, holding tank and ejector. So everything in the house goes into the first part of the tank, then grey water moves over to another side. That side then has a 1-1/4 poly pipe back into our basement to a Monarch...
  8. HiQ

Pressure Tank Readings

Okay this might be a dumb question, but I’m trying to diagnose a failing pressure tank. Empty, it should be 2psi below pressure switch cut in. When the pump finishing cycling and nothing is using water, it should be pretty close to pressure switch cut off pressure, no? Maybe a psi or two loss...
  9. HiQ

Shallow Well Jet Pump Check & Foot?

So I’m replacing the jet pump that services our home with water from a shallow dug well. I pulled everything off the main line and left it open to air and the water level never went away. So I assume that means I have a foot valve, right? The previous owner also had a check valve immediately...
  10. HiQ

Septic Tank Sensor Revamp

Need a little help with our septic system. Purchased the house a few years back and I’ve had numerous issues with it ever since. It is a simple ejector setup (no field). Originally it had two pills in the tank. One ran the pump and the other ran a high water alarm. Neither functioned for very...
  11. HiQ

Laundry Room Smell After Remodel

Hey everyone, So our laundry room was remodelled a bit ago and now we're having some rotten egg smell. I assume it has to do with the p trap in the drain, but other suggestions are welcomed. I don't think it started right away, but now it's pretty bad whenever we run a washing cycle. Remodel...
  12. HiQ

Shallow Well Jet Pump Recommendations?

I'm a jet pump newbie and I desperately need some help with shallow well jet pump recommendations. We purchased an acreage with a dug well (3' ish culvert looking pipe vertically down into the ground) that is our only source of water. The current pump is a Jacuzzi (now Franklin?) 7C-S single...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks