Search results

1. CalyerBK

Tub not sitting completely on stringer

I'm gut renovating my bathroom and installing a Bootz Honolulu tub. The instructions call for just one support stringer, on the long side. I did a dry fit today. The floor is level both ways. The stringer was level. But the tub did not sit completely on the stringer. It sat on the stringer on...
  2. CalyerBK

No hot water after installing Delta valve - Pics included

Just posting here since this thread helped me figure out a problem. Yesterday I had a Delta universal valve body installed. The plumber simply put the cap on, which is what the Delta instructions tell you to do. Then I had no hot water in the house -- every hot water faucet, no matter which...
  3. CalyerBK

Need advice on new shower valve

Thanks! Very helpful.
  4. CalyerBK

Need advice on new shower valve

Hi shower heads: I'm renovating my main bathroom and trying to figure out the best shower valve to get. I've read up on pressure balance and thermostatic and still not quite sure which I really need. My situation is this: I own a two-family house, renting out the other unit to a tenant...
  5. CalyerBK

Low-water Cutoff Question

Called in a pro. He gave the cut-off device a number of whacks with his wrench and it started working. Said sometimes it gets stuck when you haven't done a blow-down in a while, and suggested i just test it again from time to time over the next few weeks. If it stops working again, get it...
  6. CalyerBK

Appreciate the info. Might be time for me to call a local pro.
  7. CalyerBK

Took some pics from various angles. The make and model is in the fourth pic. Thanks again...
  8. CalyerBK

Helpful info, and nice diagram. Not home right now but will take pics when i get back.
  9. CalyerBK

I am a homeowner with a steam boiler that is probably 20+ years old. I seem to be having a problem with my low water cut-off, unless I am not understanding how it works. The boiler has an automatic water feed, so whenever I release water through the blowdown pipe, the water feed fills the tank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks