Search results

1. DaveC1

What Type of Vents are these?

These vents are on the outside of a kitchen. We are concerned that vermin can go up inside of them. If we could identify them, maybe we could seal them off....thanks in advance for any tips.
  2. DaveC1

Drain Water in Diswasher

Hi, I had a kitchen sink blockage that sent drain water into the Dishwasher. While I don't have an air gap, my Diswasher drain hose comes from the disposal and loops up along side the sink(at least 6 inches above the bottom of the sink). The backup occurred while my wife was doing dishes and...
  3. DaveC1

Blocked Plumbing Vent

Hi, I have a drain blockage in my kitchen I have not yet been able to clear. I went on the roof to try to snake down the vent. The vent seems to be blocked about 2 1/2 feet down. With a flash light I see no nests or debris.... It is as though it is intentionally blocked like it is an...
  4. DaveC1

HVAC Down with No End in Sight

Hi, I have a rooftop Condenser from Carrier that was installed in 1997. I have a First Company Air Handler in the hallway ceiling. I have a Home Warranty from First American and the Condenser stopped working on August 6. First American says intends to replace the Condenser with a Lennox...
  5. DaveC1

Change Heat Pump w/o Changing Air Handler

We are in the process of changing out the rooftop Condenser and ducted Air Handler for my Heat Pump system that was originally installed in 1997. The contractor(thru a warranty company) is changing the 3 ton Carrier unit to a Lennox unit. I believe the air handler was by First Company and they...
  6. DaveC1

Refrigerator Repair Blog

Hi Terry, your plumbing blog is incredibly helpful...I learned so much and helped lots of others with plumbing questions. I have an ongoing issue my Refrigerator and I am having trouble find a reliable blog to troubleshoot/get advice.. Is there one you recommend? Thanks in advance, Dave
  7. DaveC1

Newport Brass Wide Spread Vanity Spout Leak

Hi, I am getting a leak in my vanity cabinet from the Spout area(Newport Brass 365-7000). Faucets are 20 years old and use a Newport Brass 10011 Supply Tee coming connecting to the hot and cold valve bodies. Newport Brass no longer provides the Tee and associated washers and requires the...
  8. DaveC1

Tempress 2 Shower Valve Install, C and H mixed

I changed the internals of my Tempress 2 Valve because I had a small leak thru the shower head. Now when I turn the handle counter clockwise, I get Hot first then Cold....how do I change it back to Cold first?
  9. DaveC1

Fixing Leaking Faucet

I have removed the handle as shown in the photo but I can't move the exterior bell to get access to the valve....does it spin off or do I need to pry it off? Thanks
  10. DaveC1

Cone Seal for 3/8" Soft Compression Fitting on Flexible Water Supply

My flexible water supply line is leaking even though relatively new.....possible I over tightened it....in any case, I dont want to throw it away. Cant seem to find a replacement cone seal....where could I find one?....old one picture is attached.
  11. DaveC1

Sinkmaster 850 Installation

Hi, I am DIY in the middle of a Kitchen Remodel. I am adding the ABS drains under my sink....I have a triple sinks with one sink sitting on a Disposal. I would like to have the drain from the Disposal point horizontally(on a down slope) to the drain line instead of straight down. Is there are...
  12. DaveC1

Flexible Connection for Free Standing Tub

Hi, DIY Remodeler installing an Ariel Whirlpool Freestanding Tub in our new Master Bath(tile over concrete floor). PVC drain leads to a 2" ABS drain line cast in floor. I cant use the flex drain provided by the Manufacturer because there is not enough clearance. My current design uses a...
  13. DaveC1

Preventing Backflow on Ariel Jetted Tub Install

I am installing the following free standing jetted tub: http://www.arielbath.com/products/Ariel-Platinum-AM128JDCLZ-Bathtub.html There is no water inlet faucet....the water comes into the tub through the jets in the side. Inspector is insisting that I install back flow prevention valves for...
  14. DaveC1

3/4" Feeder Line to Bathroom

In my Master Bath Remodel, the Water Heater is about 7' from the corner of the room. It has a 1/2" Pex Line coming to the bathroom. Lots of people have said that this feeder line should have been 3/4" but I would have to rip out some walls to make that happen. Since all of the downstream...
  15. DaveC1

Drain and Vent Pipes Under Slab/not vertical!

When you install drain lines in the floor before pouring a slab, you need to allow a 1/4" drop for every 12". Doesn't this slope naturally mean that the drains/vents coming out of the slab will no longer be vertical? How do you fix this?
  16. DaveC1

2" Drain Pipe in 2"x4" Stud

Hi, I have a cast iron 2" drain going thru a stud near the floor. The load from the stud is no longer being transferred to the floor. Is there a device that will wrap around the drain and carry the load from above to below?
  17. DaveC1

Narrow Toilet Needed

Hi, I am trying to install a new Toilet on a slab in a remodel. I would like to put the toilet on a diagonal to the corner but it would require a narrow tank and a 10" rough in to fit (closet flange is already set). Looks like a Toto CST412MF.1 would work (15 3/8 wide on 10" rough in)...
  18. DaveC1

Connect Drain Under Free Standing Tub

Remodeled garage and added sewer under the concrete floor. Bought a free standing tub that has a drain in the center and has no clearance for me to tighten a slip joint underneath the drain. Any ideas on how i could make this connection...
  19. DaveC1

Spin Closet Valve 45 Degrees

My rough plumber installled a Closet Flange on a new sewer line that goes under a concrete floor(conversion of garage to bedroom). Subsequently we added tile and now the valve is approx. 1/2" low. I know I need to add spacers and I also want to change the direction the toilet faces by 45...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks