Search results

1. -Jim-

Water Softener Drain - Do we need a Vent for a Floor Drain or ?

And here is the revised basement drawing. The gaps are areas where I didn't trace the line due to objects (like the Softener, Beds, etc.) or interference in the signal (like near the outside wall where the line turns sharply). I also traced some 1 1/2" lines from an old installation. I lost...
  2. -Jim-

Hi Gents, I went to the Cabin as planned on Monday, and United Rentals called to say they had a Fisher TW-82 Line Tracer returned at noon on Tuesday. Even though Fisher's Web Support said I should use a Sonde transmitter ( http://fisherlab.com/industrial/fisher-SONDE-signal-transmitter.htm )...
  3. -Jim-

I did consider running the drain line into the basement bathroom (but if I went that far the Standpipe would be just a wall away) but dismissed it for the same reason you noted - the gravity overflow wouldn't be taken care of -even though there is a float shut off in place and I'd still be...
  4. -Jim-

Thanks for pointing that out. I never thought of the resin tank :eek:. I don't see a workaround for that though. I think we'll just have to risk it . I wonder what other folks do in cold climates with lightly used cabins (or houses) that have softeners.
  5. -Jim-

I like a little out of the box / cost effective solutions! Thanks.;)
  6. -Jim-

I have been thinking of this as well and I don't plan to put antifreeze into the softener (yuk) but possible keep the water level a bit higher than normal to allow for any evaporation. The pump room is heated slightly in winter to about 4 or 5 degrees Celsius as are the bathrooms. We do check on...
  7. -Jim-

Hi Bannerman, thanks for the post. ;) As the Cabin was built to 1979 code, and this is a small DIY project that we aren't going to permit, I am more interested in the opinions and suggestions from the folks here on what will work, than trying to gain an opinion from someone at the Thompson /...
  8. -Jim-

Hi Gents, This is my first post and I'm an Electrician, and not a plumber, so please go easy on me. Thanks. My Brother & I inherited the Cabin (actually a small house but we call it the Cabin) from my Mom, and it was built in 1979 across the road from Paul Lake in the interior of BC (Canada)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks