Search results

1. Jeremy723

Replacing chimney with lally column

The joist that appears to be supporting the doubled up joist is just a nailing surface for the side wall of the stairs as best as I can tell. It does not extend all the way to the floor. This is the best location I could put it in. It's squarely under the double joist coming in from the right...
  2. Jeremy723

Any suggestions? I bought a lally column yesterday and am going to try to fit it to the right of the chimney, where the 2 double joists meet, just to see if I can get it there.
  3. Jeremy723

Green double lines are 2 joists doubled. Black lines are single joists. Blue are still plates on block walls. It's an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of paper, 1 inch per foot, so total area shown is 9.5 by 7.5 feet. It's the green dashed line that appears to rest on the chimney. I could probably put a...
  4. Jeremy723

I'm planning to take down the rest of our interior, non used chimney in a few weeks. As I look at it more and more a joist, which has several others tied to it, appears to rest on the chimney, and the section below this point on the chimney is wider than above. Mapping out the joists I quite...