Search results

1. ChrisBeall

Extendable dishwasher plumbing

I'm replacing a dishwasher in my home. Once the new one is in, I'd like to be able to pull it out of the cavity without disconnecting the supply and drain lines so I can test for the source of any leak or do repairs, which seem to require access from the sides of the unit. So I'd like to...
  2. ChrisBeall

New softener runs out of gas early - Fleck 7000SXT settings?

10" x 54" resin tank 16 lbs gravel 1.5 cu ft CR10 resin Fleck 7000SXT valve 18" x 33" round brine tank Incoming hardness 20 - 21 gpg. 2 adults in household. Community water supply with good pressure. Issue: the softener seems to gradually fall behind. Today I measured hardness of 10 gpg...
  3. ChrisBeall

Hach 5B testing very slow

When i test softened water using the Hach 5B test, the results are almost immediate. When the pink granular material is mixed into the water sample, it dissolves quickly and the water is clear (pink, but completely transparent). When I test hardened water, either from the incoming supply or...
  4. ChrisBeall

Water softner recommendations wanted

I'm about to replace a 35+ year old water softener. About the only thing I'm sure of is that I want one with a separate brine tank so it can be cleaned out from time to time. I like the idea of a demand-based regeneration system. I don't like that they are necessarily more complex than the...
  5. ChrisBeall

Brine doesn't suck from tank

'no brand' softener, circa 1979. Control valve appears to be a Fleck, timer only, and not one of the currently listed models. Water was not being softened. Over several days observation, the brine tank had increasing amounts of water in it. I did a manual regeneration and observed that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks