Search results

1. CRB

Source for bio stick sanitizer

I know exactly what you are talking about they are about 1" dia, 4" long and are plastic coated on the circumference but the ends are exposed. Typically placed in a basket under the water nozzles in the top of a well aerator tank. I'm looking to replace my sulfur removal system that currently...
  2. CRB

Sulfur Filter Peroxide flush

M, What exactly do they do? Maybe fill up the softener with a peroxide solution and then soak and rinse? Or do they rig up piping to circulate peroxide for a while through the filter? I'm pretty puzzled that your sulfur filter gets contaminated with iron since it also removes iron the same...
  3. CRB

Well water sulfur and tannin problem

Folks, New house and two new wells. Typical for my regi;on in Florida I could go shallow around 80' to get no sulfur but a lot of iron or 100+ and get sulfur but no iron. I went for the latter at about 150'. My well water is turning out to be a challenge. Hardness is 10 gr/gal, Sulfide is...
  4. CRB

New Wells S Florida Sulfur Removal Questions

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately all wells in my area are the 2 inch "suction type" that can't use the sulfur eliminator.
  5. CRB

Thanks much Charlie, great info.
  6. CRB

Wow, great info. Can you tell me your well depth and analysis? Thanks so much for taking time to respond. Chris
  7. CRB

Folks, You all helped me tremendously 7 years ago when I drilled an irrigation well and needed to learn about softeners. Now I have new house under construction and just drilled 2 new wells. In this area wells of practical depth are either iron containing or sulfur. Not usually both...
  8. CRB

Water softener valve connection to start well pump?

Folks, I have a well pump that has no tank. I need to add a softener to reduce scaling and very faint tan stains on my house near sprinkler heads. Water test results are 15 gr/gal hardness, pH 7.8, LSI .82. I'd like to soften with a Flex 5600 sxt. Is there a connection on the controller...
  9. CRB

Fleck 5000 sxt pro flow questions

Reach, Thanks so much for your patience with me. Now I get it... finally! I was making more complicated than it needed to be, sorry. I'm really getting a great education from you and Dittohead. So let me try one more time... in my 12 min Brine Fill cycle I put 3 gal of water (.25 gal/min X...
  10. CRB

Reach, So for each 3 lb of salt would that be 1.155 gal through the Brine Flow Control? Chris
  11. CRB

Thanks for the help Reach! I'm still getting mixed up on terminology. One other thing, I did a lot of research on brine saturation levels in water at about 75 deg F (typical ambient here in Florida this time of year. It looks like it's closer to 2.5 lb/gal. So the math now get's me to about...
  12. CRB

Bannerman, So when I try to change the lb of salt per cu ft in my Fleck 5000sxt am I correct that this is controlled by setting the minutes of Brine Draw in the regen parameters? So my Brine Line Flow Control valve is set to .25 gal/min. and with ~ 3 lb/gal of salt in saturated brine 12 min of...
  13. CRB

Dittohead, Very helpful and makes sense. Thanks so much! Chris
  14. CRB

Many thanks Dittohead, I'm trying to learn how these things work as they're pretty interesting to me. So I take it the venturi provides the motive force to suck the brine out of the tank and supply water is mixed with the brine and exhausted until the total Brine Draw/Slow Rinse cycle ends...
  15. CRB

Thanks again Reach, that makes sense.
  16. CRB

Reach, That's great info again. I thought it was just an orifice so I was having trouble figuring out how it would maintain flow since they normally require 3:1 pressure drop to maintain constant flow. I could see how that would work in Brine Fill mode with supply pressure but in vacuum mode...
  17. CRB

Reach, I've read and re-read the articles at the links you provided and find them extremely interesting and I'm starting to understand all of your comments and recommendations. So I can improve my salt efficiency by taking advantage of what is really excess capacity for my situation with only...
  18. CRB

Reach, Your answers and the links you provided are exactly what I needed. This site is very fortunate to have members like you. Thank you so much! Chris
  19. CRB

Reach, you may not be a pro but you know waaaay more than I do. Thanks so much for the informative explanation of the brine rinse in the regen cycle. Sounds like my unit is working about right. I'm starting to really understand thanks to you. Sorry for the additional questions but can you...
  20. CRB

Folks, I understand ion exchange chemistry but I'm very new to water softeners. I have purchased and installed a Fleck 5000 sxt. I preferred it to the more popular 5600 due to the full 1" porting that should give lower pressure drop on my supply to the house. I have 32,000 gr set up as...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks