Search results

1. ACWxRADR

Winterizing water filters for a cabin

I have a unique question here. I am installing three 10" x 54" water filter tanks with Fleck back-flush valves at my cabin. The media I am using will be Bear River zeolite (BRZ), Clack BIRM and Jacobi catalytic carbon in each of the tanks, in that order. One media per tank. Is there a way to...
  2. ACWxRADR

Water well filtration

Requesting advice. I have not completed all my water evaluation tests yet, but I have completed two in situ tests to discover the pH and (H2S) hydrogen sulfide parameters. My new well water pH is 7.05 and the H2S is reading zero after conducting a Hach HS-C test several times - straight from...
  3. ACWxRADR

New submersible deep well installation

My cabin neighbor is a well driller / installer and owns or is the co-owner of the well company. He is a really great guy and I have known him for many years, although I have never done any well business with him before. His company has installed at least three wells here within our cabin...
  4. ACWxRADR

Septic tank design

Quick question for anyone who knows septic tanks from experience... What is the typical or average depth of the "scum" layer atop the clarified water, and how deep does it ride in the effluent? My dilemma regards the installation of a mechanical effluent filter at the outlet of the septic...
  5. ACWxRADR

Programmable HVAC Thermostat - For 365 days!

Before I purchase a PLC with input and output modules and program/wire it myself, I want to determine if there is a programmable thermostat available that can do and will do what I want it to do - off the shelf. First of all, the best programmable thermostat I have had experience with is a LUX...
  6. ACWxRADR

Purchasing QUIK-GEL, I need to find a retailer.

I really would appreciate your assistance in this matter. I have been searching for a supplier of Baroid QUIK-GEL viscosifier (drilling mud) and I cannot seem to find a reasonable source. The suppliers either sell it only by the pallet or truck load or they don't list any ordering information...
  7. ACWxRADR

Stemmed vs Stemless Check Valve

I just mentioned check valves in another post as I had been shopping for a new one for a new well system. Looking at all the different options, I was curious as to what the purpose and advantages were between using a stemmed, versus a stem-less valve would be. Does anyone have some comments to...
  8. ACWxRADR

Differences in Baroid Drilling Mud

I am researching the various drilling muds, i.e. bentonite viscosifiers from Baroid (Haliburton). Can anyone tell me what the specific differences are between AQUA-GEL, AQUA-GEL Gold Seal, QUIK-GEL and QUIK-GEL Gold are? And can you help me with finding a convenient supplier of these products...
  9. ACWxRADR

DIY Shallow Well with 1-1/4" Sandpoint Installation

I have been installing shallow wells with sandpoints and above ground pumps for 30 years now. Some installations were to provide simple water pumping via a pitcher pump, others with powered centrifugal pumps. Since I have been at this so long, I am quite familiar with the standard practice of...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks