Search results

1. Sprinkler

Well pump losing flow

Actually, it seems to be ok. I think it may have been because the trees were getting more water, so the attic tank, less. Probably adjusting the valve to the trees to the optimal position is the solution. Thanks!
  2. Sprinkler

Well pump losing flow

Hi, I have a 4" pump (mod SM-3-22) in a 60 meter well. The water outlet on the pump is 4 cm diameter and there is 4cm pipe from the pump to the well surface. Then there is 2cm (or 2,5 cm ?) pipe from the well to the house. The pump specifications: L/H 2400 - 600; max lift - 105 meters; RPM -...
  3. Sprinkler

Did dead mouse cause boiler to turn on?

Good news! First I decided to open the plastic cover attached to the pump, just in case I might be able to find a blown fuse, but everything looked normal. Then I did as you suggested - disconnected the pump from the power supply board, and connected it to a wall socket, and it seemed to be...
  4. Sprinkler

Ok, that sounds like a good idea. I agree with you about working safely - it's so important to be very careful while doing any electrical work. So, hope to report back tomorrow with the result. Thanks!
  5. Sprinkler

Yes, I also suspect the domestic hot water circulation pump. I was thinking of using a phase tester screwdriver to see if current is reaching the pump after the I turn the boiler on. I also wonder whether there might be a blown fuse in the plastic box attached to the pump? At least I assume...
  6. Sprinkler

Hi, I finally got round to fitting a new power supply board on the oil boiler, but unfortunately when I turn it on, the burner starts but neither the radiators nor the water get hot. The burner switches off at the max temperature ( 80 or 85°C) and then the temperature continues to rise to...
  7. Sprinkler

ok, I hope to collect the new board and 3 pole plastic connector next week. But before replacing the board, I want to look into getting any other mice out of the boiler. Any ideas how to remove mice? I suspect there may be a nest in there in the middle of the insulation. And also to actually try...
  8. Sprinkler

We have a Domusa MCF - DXV sealed room boiler, and yesterday on returning to the house, found that the boiler had turned itself on, rads were hot and DHW also hot. And the pressure was at almost 4 bars. First, I turned off the boiler on/ off switch, but it stayed on anyway, so had to disconnect...
  9. Sprinkler

How to connect PEX to galvanized half inch pipe?

I see that according to the NYS plumbing code (I think from 2005) that copper pipe must be connected to Galvanized steel pipe, by using EITHER a brass fitting OR a dielectric fitting (with fitting "screwed to pipe") See section 605.23.1...
  10. Sprinkler

Referring to the comment about brass and galvanized being "completely compatible" This has me quite confused. In this link https://www.reddit.com/r/askscience/comments/35ypgu/why_do_plumbing_dielectric_unions_always_fail/, someone says that brass to galvanized is no problem, but that a...
  11. Sprinkler

Thanks for the information. I haven't yet dismantled the galvanized elbow, but would I be right in assuming that as the exterior diameter of the galv pipe is around 21 mm (.840"), then the thread on that pipe would be 1/2" ?
  12. Sprinkler

But surely a PVC coupling isn't approved for drinking water? Is there any other kind of plastic coupling that would be more suitable in my case? Or how about a dielectric adaptor? Brass fitting +dielectric+ galvanized? And as regards the earlier comment about Brass and copper being...
  13. Sprinkler

No, I see that the male thread on the German coupler has the same thread as a 1/2" shut off valve that I'm going to install, so it seems to be correct - the other end that goes over the 1/2" galvanized, I assume is ok, but I'm not 100% sure. Now I'm wondering if it might be better to use copper...
  14. Sprinkler

The pipe repair will be indoor but near a window, so I'll make sure no direct sun gets to the pex. Maybe up to an hour of sun got on the pex during transport from the supplier, hopefully not a problem - it looks ok anyway! I found a link to the coupler fitting that I have, but I'd only install...
  15. Sprinkler

My preference is to connect that brass pex fitting to the threaded galvanized pipe after removing the elbow, but if I run into problems or damage the threads or whatever, my backup solution is to cut the galvanized and use a (galvanized) connector (as in photo) to connect to the pex. I suppose...
  16. Sprinkler

Well, that's good to hear! So, the typical Pex compression fittings (as in the first photo) are fine to connect to Galvanized? And the brass connector (common with copper pipe) in the second photo? And no problem with possible oxidation caused by mixing brass and galvanized? Thanks
  17. Sprinkler

Hi, I have a leak in a galvanized half inch pipe, and I want to replace some of this old pipe with pex. I will try to unscrew the 90º elbow (as in photo), and connect the pex directly to the threaded galvanized pipe. The problem is the fittings for pex are brass which isn't compatible with the...
  18. Sprinkler

water supply valve for gas boiler not fully closing

Hi, In my Saunier Duval gas boiler, the pressure continues to rise even after closing the filling valve. After removing the valve, I see that there is only plastic to plastic contact to fully close the valve. I'd like to know if the filling cock Part Number: 1416139, includes a washer to shut...
  19. Sprinkler

frankin 1hp pump not starting up, but using electricity

It's a 3 wire 1hp Franklin. Wire colors from pump are yellow / green (earth) brown, blue and black. First I connected the brown to one pole of capacitor, the blue to the other pole and then continued this blue to line (house) and the black wire directly to the other line in the house. But...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks