Search results

1. thenextdon13

Location and Mounting/Support of pressure regulator

Hello- At some point in history, the local municipality changed it's water sourcing and now my water pressure is quite high (80-90PSI, I believe). This seems to wreak havoc on my toilet and sprinkler valves, and to my understanding is quite a bit higher than it should be by code. The main...
  2. thenextdon13

Fernco Donut Tight-ness question (maybe too loose?)

Hello- I've read a lot here about people having trouble installing the donuts because of tightness. I'm a little concerned about the one I installed over looseness; questions are-- 1. how loose can the donut be in the hub before the pipe is inserted? 2. how easy should it be to insert the ABS...
  3. thenextdon13

3" flush valve toilet on sani t with side inlet -- go or no go?

Not sure what i'm missing here, but posting this specific question to a separate thread... Would people specifically avoid using a 3x3x3x2 ABS sani tee with side inlet, such as this one, with a 3" flush valve toilet? Thank you
  4. thenextdon13

Question: Usage of Sani instead of Wye on old-build main stack

Hello- If i have read everything correctly, including posts on this forum and 'helpful hints' by Bert Polk (noted by Terry Here), the Sani-T is only to be used when going from trap-arm to vertical drain pipe. Where a horizontal branch joins a vertical branch, a combination Wye -1/8 bend...
  5. thenextdon13

External vs Internal Cast Iron pipe closet flange

Hello- I've searched a bit and only found this thread, which is actually a lead closet arm. I have a 4" cast iron closet arm. The flange was far over the surface of the floor, causing leaking issues on the toilet. I'm installing new flooring, underlayment and one layer of subflooring-- and...
  6. thenextdon13

Location requirements for shower/bath shutoffs

First I want to thanks Terry for having this form; it has helped me immensely in the last few months looking up code requirements and learning how to do things such as removal of poured lead seals on cast iron closet flanges and typical heights for stubouts, etc. I am planning on putting ball...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks