Search results

1. Valveman

Rest in Piece Terry

Never heard of a blog. Didn’t know what a forum was. Then in 2006 a customer told me they were saying bad things about my product, and I should go to Terrylove.com and check out the forum. Needless to say, I was amazed at the misinformation that was being posted. Although I never met Terry...
  2. Valveman

9 year old PEX is split, replace all?

Hey guys. Don't know much about PEX. This is a 9 year old house and the PEX is split and leaking under the sink. Is this just one of those things, or did we get some bad pipe and need to replace all of it?
  3. Valveman

"Porky" masterpumpman

"Porky" Howard Cutter passed away in January 2017. He was a great friend and mentor to many. He will be missed! 1937 / 2017 May He Rest in Piece.
  4. Valveman

Is 1.6 Gallons Enough for a Flush?

I have always complained that I have to flush several times with the 1.6 gallon flushers. I got a new toilet that does really good with one flush. But I have been talking to some plumbers who say I need to keep flushing several times anyway. They say the 1.6 gallons is plenty to flush the...
  5. Valveman

Removing QD Pumptec

Do any of you guys know if the control box will still work if you remove the QD Pumptec from inside it? Will there need to be a jumper?
  6. Valveman

Most Efficient Open Loop Geo System

A customer has a 45' deep well with a water level at 15'. The Geo system requires 8-15 GPM at 20 PSI. The house requires about 5 GPM at 50 PSI. Using the smallest pump that will deliver the flow required is the most efficient system. Also using a submersible with a good drop in horsepower at...
  7. Valveman

How many people use CSV's and small tanks?

I thought this might be interesting to some people. Cycle Stop Valves, Inc. is a small company. I still test nearly every CSV myself. The picture below is the batch I tested this morning. This is our busy time of year, and we will send out this many CSV's nearly every day, and have been...
  8. Valveman

Sulfur Eliminator

Has anyone tried the "Sulfur Eliminator"? http://www.wellwaterstinks.com/ A customer told me about this and said it works great. It oxidizes in the well so a regular bladder tank can be used instead of the old hydro tank.
  9. Valveman

grundfos cu301 for irrigation--VFD? CSV? Homeowner at wit's end part 2

Continuation from; grundfos cu301 for irrigation--VFD? CSV? Homeowner at wit's end at this link: https://terrylove.com/forums/showthread.php?48275-grundfos-cu301-for-irrigation-VFD-CSV-Homeowner-at-wit-s-end
  10. Valveman

DIY or Call a Professional?

Pumps and wells can be very complicated subjects. Many people think a well is just a hole in the ground. The earth beneath our feet has always been a mystery. How deep is it to water? What kind of formations do we have to drill through to get to the water? How much water is down there...
  11. Valveman

Terry on Fox News

Some of you may have seen this but, it was new(s) to me. Go Terry! http://green.foxnews.com/2008/07/02/how-green-are-low-flow-toilets/
  12. Valveman

Cycle Stop Valve (Example)

This is a very large pump system but, that makes it easy to see the details. This system was installed in Marion County Florida. A 4" CSV and the 80 gallon bladder tank replaced a 12,000 gallon pressure tank. The pressure recording chart shows that the five days before the CSV was installed...
  13. Valveman

Solar Tank

RealJeep Junior Member Moved thread A friend gave me an 80 gallon galvanized steel tank that I plan on using for a solar water collection tank in an open loop design, meaning the water goes from the solar panels into the 80 gallon tank then into the home water tank. The hot water...
  14. Valveman

Pressure Tank Maintenance

Since this question gets ask so often. I thought I would start a thread on how to check the air in a pressure tank. If your pump kicks "on and off rapidly", water pressure in the house is not good, lights in the house "flicker" when water is being used, breaker trips occasionally, or you just...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks