Search results

1. JMEDGAR

valvex faucet cartridge

Far to late to benefit the original inquirer. But here is the answer: Valvex stem cartridges are manufactured in Poland by Valvex, SA a Meridian company that manufactures upscale faucets for Graff (also a Meridian company). Valvex is one of the very few faucet manufacturers that make their own...
  2. JMEDGAR

Amazon's 500 Contraband Faucet Brands

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE: August 24, 2023 J. M. Edgar, Managing Editor StarCraft Reviews 1-402-871-5301 starcraftreviews@yahoo.com Nearly 90% of the Faucet Brands Listed for Sale on Amazon.com Violate State and Federal Laws and Are Illegal to Sell or Install in Drinking Water Systems in the U.S...
  3. JMEDGAR

Concinnity/Barand by I. W. Industries

As part of a faucet company review, we are looking for information and photographs of Concinnity and Barand faucets manufactured by I. W. Industries before its demise in 2004. If you can help, please contact Jim Edgar at starcraftreviews@yahoo.com.
  4. JMEDGAR

Concinnity/Barand Kitchen Faucet

Do any of you old timers recognize the discontinued kitchen faucet shown in the image? We believe it is a Concinnity or Barand faucet made by I.W. Industries of Melville, New York. IWI went out of business about 2004 and many of its assets were bought out by Durst. Any help would be...
  5. JMEDGAR

Barand Shower Fixture Issue

Barand theremostatic shower valves were patented and manufactured by I.W. Industries, which went out of business in 2006. The patent for the valve was acquired by Durst Corporation, Inc. which trades as Jaclo Industries. They are still being made which bodes well for getting a replacement...
  6. JMEDGAR

StarCraft "2017 Best Value Faucet" Report

We have completed our 2017 Best Value Faucets report. The report does not attempt to identify the best individual faucet, an impossible task, or the best faucet company, just the companies that, on average, sell the best faucets for the money. You may be surprised at our panel’s choices this...
  7. JMEDGAR

How to get manufacturer to honor warranty

Anyone can enforce a warranty, it takes time and a little effort, but the chance that you will get a written warranty enforced is about 100%. To find out how, see our article How to Win the Warranty Game. Good luck, not that you'll need it.
  8. JMEDGAR

Do any of you old timers remember the model name of the original Moen single handle kitchen faucet?

I think you are right about the cartridges. They always had model or component numbers. But, I'm asking about the faucet itself. It may be that it never had a model name, and my fuzzy recollection of seeing one is wrong, but it seems to me that early in the 1950s they were being advertised as...
  9. JMEDGAR

Do any of you old timers remember the model name of the original Moen single handle kitchen faucet?

Thanks for the link. Yes. I read the official Moen history, but it does not mention the model name of the first faucet manufactured in 1947. Ugly thing though it was, it started a revolution in faucet design.
  10. JMEDGAR

I used to know this, but I simply cannot remember it. Also, what year did it first appear, if you know.
  11. JMEDGAR

Can someone suggest a good shower valve and explain pressure balance vs thermostatic

About Toilet Rough-in Offsets Terry, In the late 19th and early 20th century rough-in offsets were not standardized. Builders settled on the 12" standard offset only after WWII when the rush to build millions of middle-class houses required that as many things be standardized as...
  12. JMEDGAR

What is your favorite faucet?

How did Pegasus get in this group. It's a store brand from HD. How about a category for "other" [Name]? How about Symmons, Chicago Faucet? Does anyone use Wolverine any more?
  13. JMEDGAR

What is your favorite faucet?

Chicago Faucets, absolutely Best damn faucet ever made. The Quaturn® compression cartridge was a revolution when it was invented 100 year ago, and still is one of the best on the market. Plus, every single Chicago faucet is designed, engineered, cast, machined, polished, plated...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks