Search results

1. aztom

O.K. I give up.

Don, the loop in the floor is already plenty long, and adding the distance to and through the panels and some right angle elbows just makes it too restrictive to get enough water flow. But also, the only place i have to put them is in the front area where they're visible to God and...
  2. aztom

O.K. I give up.

Just three flat plate collectors, mainly. I have them plumbed with new top-quality 5/8" automotive heater hose, insulated.
  3. aztom

O.K. I give up.

I'm dismantling my ill-conceived project. 3 solar collectors connected with 5/8" heater hose that was supposed heat my floor. I'm just going to plumb the pex tubing in the floor to my electric water heater and call it good. Anybody want to buy this unneeded stuff? I live in central Arizona.
  4. aztom

How to get even heat from h/w panels

Thanks Dana for that cogent analysis. I wish I had come to this site before cobbling together my project.
  5. aztom

motor sizing for radiant floor heat

I've got a loop of 475' of 1/2" (375 and about another hundred through three flat panel collectors,in parallel). There's about 14 elbows in the loop. How big of a motor and what type would get the glycol flowing fast enough to warm my concrete floor without being too big or heavy or expensive...
  6. aztom

Thanks. I'll try leveling them better, they're just sitting on the ground. That should help the vaporlocking. I tried pinching the hoses with vise-grips today to equalize the flow (temporarily, to test the concept, til I get valves installed at the lower feed manifold t's) It worked pretty...
  7. aztom

Hi, I've got three solar h/w panels plumbed in parallel. They are almost level, and I have the feed and outlets going through T's of 1/2" copper. I'm not getting any circulation through the first two panels, only the farthest panel cools down, (indicating water flowing through it) I have an...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks