Search results

1. Beads

Plastic or iron to terra cotta

I hope this is an ignorant question with a simple answer. I have a 1930s or 40s home. It is raised with an open crawl space. There is not much room to work underneath, but I was under it yesterday and saw a plumbing problem. It appears that the drain pipes are sealed to terra cotta, I suppose...
  2. Beads

Mini split cleaning

I have 5 questions to ask of experienced people. 1) Do you like the mini split cleaning kits? I am talking about the bags that hang on the units to catch water and cleaner. If so, what brand? 2) What kind of coil cleaner do you like? I am getting tired of the spray cans and I follow with a...
  3. Beads

Venting problems for condensing boiler

Some of you may have read or responded to an earlier post regarding my father's change from a 55 YO oil boiler to a new gas boiler. Thanks for the responses. I was talking to a contractor yesterday who told me that they can not vent the flue gas out a plastic vent inserted into the existing...
  4. Beads

New boiler/system changes

I am largely handling some of the changes to my dad's hydronic heating system from over 1000 miles away. He is in central NY. Design temps must be subzero there. I am not DIYing this, but there seems to be significant boiler knowledge here. Please read on if you have the stamina. Right now...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks