Search results

1. WorthFlorida

Ads are getting out of hand!

I mostly use my iPad for this site and lately the ads are just getting out of hand. Today, it is nearly impossible to use this forum. Im sure it's all generated by google since google supports Apple Safari. I even have pop up blocker enabled. I see the need for ads to support this forum if it...
  2. WorthFlorida

Did my well run dry?

It seems there are more posts about the home wells going dry or slow recovery. Came across this article. Update: This link may want to you sign for the NYT. I read the whole article from Google News without any problems...
  3. WorthFlorida

At times posts do not show up for several months.

Hi Taylor, just today a post showed up under the irrigation / sprinkler forum. Dated April 10, 2023 titled "Can I run two programs at the same time with Rainbird ESP ME3?". It had "0" replies. I've noticed this a few times over the years. I check the irrigation forum quite often looking for...
  4. WorthFlorida

Who needs dielectric fittings anyway?

Hold your breath. This is the electric 80 gallon Rheem water heater at my church's Parish Hall. 40 years old, manufactured July 1982. It maybe original to the building and it is not leaking. It is in the kitchen with a few floor drains so a leak will not be catastrophic, I'm working on getting...
  5. WorthFlorida

Schneider-Electric Recalls 1.4-Million Electrical Panels, June 2022

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2022/Schneider-ElectricTM-Recalls-1-4-Million-Electrical-Panels-Due-to-Thermal-Burn-and-Fire-Hazards
  6. WorthFlorida

Fluidmaster Flush Valve fill extremely slow (built in flow restrictor).

Just like to pass on some information. Today at my son's house I replaced the diaphragm on a Fluidmaster 400A flush valve. It was taking about 5 minutes to fill the tank for water was barely flowing. The diaphragm was not the issue. I then tried a new flush valve as I only changed the top half...
  7. WorthFlorida

Required to replace water heater, Florida Homeowners Insurance Companies are getting out of hand.

I do not know how the insurance industry is around the country but in Florida, dozens of companies have or will be leaving the state. Most has to do with fraudulent roof claims due to so call storms. The state passed recently some statues but the insurance industry said that it is not enough...
  8. WorthFlorida

How to filter and direct e-mails to another folder other than INBOX with GMAIL.

It took me a search on GMAIL help forum to get part of the answer. It's all hidden in the search bar and it took a few times to get it right. I attached pictures to step through through the process. It is just amazing that GMAIL just doesn't add a tab to reroute email. 1) To create a new...
  9. WorthFlorida

Should we be getting E-mail notifications?

I was hoping after the upgrade that e-mail notification would start up again but it hasn't. This past week I did find one email from the about two weeks ago just after the upgrade from a reply on a post I commented on. I checked ever box in my profile setting and saved it but no change. For...
  10. WorthFlorida

Italian Mama knows more than you think.

Chuckle of the day: Mrs. Ravioli comes to visit her son Anthony for dinner. He lives with a female roommate, Maria. During the course of the meal, his mother couldn't help but notice how pretty Anthony's roommate is. Over the course of the evening, while watching the two interact, she started...
  11. WorthFlorida

What's in the Bottle?

12. WorthFlorida

Beware the Quad Box!

The article just showed up in Family Handyman magazine for the Oct/Nov issue. I've made a few of these on the past. They are no longer allowed on construction sites. https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-family-handyman/20210921/282531546543572
  13. WorthFlorida

Pump Cavitation on any pump.

I tripped across this website from a weather site ad with an excellent explanation on pump cavitation. Where I worked there was a 3HP irrigation pump that always had this issue. The solution was to restrict the 2" out flow pipe with a ball valve partially closed. You will hear it on pool pumps...
  14. WorthFlorida

After every hurricane people die of Carbon Monoxide.

This paragraph is from the Wall Street Journal. I've posted a few times here when members ask about generator use and I alway mention CO poisoning. All the warnings are in the user manual but most don't read it since they think they are smarter but definitely dead. You run the generator At...
  15. WorthFlorida

Water Utility offering $200 Rebate for Water Sense Controllers

I just received an Email from a water company in the Orlando Florida area, A.K.A Central Florida. Orlando Utilities Commision always has some kind of rebate offering. This is the first for water. The requirement is you're connected to OUC for potable water and have an underground irrigation...
  16. WorthFlorida

SPACE X returning for a remodel, May 2, 2021

An awesome site today. The wife and I were at Fish Lips Restaurant for lunch today, it is on the south side of Port Canaveral, FL inlet. We hear a commotion outside and it is the barge with three tugboats in tow returning the first stage rocket from the April 23rd launch. It's amazing that...
  17. WorthFlorida

What is so funny about engineers

This is an article written by an engineer I used to work with. I don't know what publication this is but Dick has to be now at least 85 years old. This was from his Facebook page and it is a picture, not text. The "Engineering Hell" & Talking Frog are great. My wife worked as a CLA in law...
  18. WorthFlorida

Why is it everytime I watch TV, the toilet backs up?

This picture was taken and posted on Facebook this week by dear friends of ours in Wellington, Fl. Lately they were having drain issues and they called the village. With some fancy tools (as the wife stated) they dug up the correct location. This 600 home community was built up during the late...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks