Search results

1. Earnie

American Water Heater?

Anyone like to comment on American Water Heater products? I have a forty gallon which is on its 17th year of operation. I'm preparing for a replacement and would like opinions on using another AWH or possibly a Rheem.
  2. Earnie

Electric Water Heater Heat Loop

I have a few questions on heat traps / heat loops. Are they worth the cost to install? Which is the better option, mechanical heat trap or passive loop? I have concerns that the mechanical heat trap will restict water flow. I can not find a 1" heat trap, only 3/4 inch. Would the loop...
  3. Earnie

Pex vs FlowGuard Gold

I am looking into replacing the gray polybutylene plumbing in my house. This will be a DIY job since 95% of the pipe is easily accessable through a crawl space and wall hatch-ways. My question is, which is the better product, Pex or FlowGuard Gold CPVC? Labor cost and time are not issues...
  4. Earnie

Salt Taste in Water After Regen

I would appreciate any comments on this question. I am a new softened water user. I noticed this morning that the water has a noticeable salty taste. The controller indicates that the unit went into regeneration last night. Should the water have a noticeable salty taste after regen? I...
  5. Earnie

Replace Old Water Heater?

I moved into a house that has a seventeen year old electric forty gallon American Water Heater. It still appears to provide plenty of hot water for two people. Should I replace it now or wait until it fails? I have no idea if the anode was ever replaced, but since it is part of the hot...
  6. Earnie

Softener Tank Media Quanity

Can a .75 cubic foot softener tank hold 1.0 cubic feet of resin? If so, does this give the media enough room to expand when in regeneration? Happy Labor Day! Earnie
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks