Search results

1. Seaweeds

Cistern to Gravity feed tanks in Mexico

You might be misreading the specs. There is an English section starting page 13 if interested. The size I ordered (3/4 hp) has a maximum DEPTH of 5 meters, which would be the max water pressure it's seals can handle, I suppose. Designed for cisterns or perhaps very shallow wells, not deep...
  2. Seaweeds

Connecting poly to jet pump

I use a lot of poly and dip the end into hot water to soften it up. Safest way to do that. Fitting can screw on first (best) or after insertion. Just don't tighten the clamp yet so fitting can rotate inside poly while tightening.
  3. Seaweeds

One more question. I settled on a submersible pump- "Kanki" style they call it here. Pump manual (pdf) The submersibles that are short and squat. So it should already have a check valve in it. But since before I had been planning to use an external pump, I already ordered a nice brass...
  4. Seaweeds

Thank you. I saw that discussion on voltage and AC vs DC. I guess I'll try the 110 first and go over to a power supply if needed. I saw a relay that will work at various voltages depending on the tap used. Sounds like wiring a switch makes more sense to you as well. Out of pure...
  5. Seaweeds

Sorry - I complicated my explanation with too much info. Put simply, I need to pump from a cistern below to some tanks 50 feet above. I will shut off the pump with a float switch in the cistern when low. For shutting off when the upper tank is full, I will probably do the usual and go...
  6. Seaweeds

Hello. I am putting together a simple little system in my Mexico place that is different enough that I thought to check with some pros. First of all, the system has consisted of two storage tanks at the top of the hill fed by the town water, which in Mexico is "liberated" on a schedule. They...
  7. Seaweeds

Atypical well system in Mexico

Hi. I live in Mexico in a small, seasonal beach-front community that uses a old-fashioned hand dug well (typical here) about 30 feet deep x 3' wide. We have a system that is not typical for the US, but works fairly well for us. It is: 1/2 hp 10-12 gpm Sub, 1 1/2"pvc running about 250 feet to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks