Search results

1. hhcibtpaun

Hot water heater - mystery part?

Hey Folks, So, I am finishing up my PEX project and pulled off the inlet and outlet pipes on my hot water heater and found a "mystery" part. I unthreaded the pipes and found some plastic pieces - one came off and one stayed in the HWH. Can someone tell me what this is, and do I need it? I...
  2. hhcibtpaun

First time PEX Project - Finalizing Install

Folks, Well, I am finally rounding the corner on my first time (whole house) PEX project. I am using the expansion fittings (bought the Milwaukee tool). I must say that tool is very nice and everything seems to be working out pretty good. Before I finalize everything I had some questions on...
  3. hhcibtpaun

Drains need to be tweaked...what to do...

Hey folks, I was trying to finalize my drain project today and I may have rushed. Now I need to step back and re-evaluate (so much for rushing). Here is what I have. The areas highlighted in green were tweaked a bit when I was gluing together. They popped out while I was seating them, so...
  4. hhcibtpaun

Do I need to pressure test my drains/vents?

Hey Everyone, Had a question about pressure testing my drains/vents. In another thread I have been going through the replacement of all my plumbing. In general, its a 1 bathroom house with the following fixtures: Toilet, Lav, Tub/Shower, Kitchen Sink, Laundry Sink, Washer This is my little...
  5. hhcibtpaun

Bathroom trap sizes and fitting selection...

Hey Folks, Getting ready to start running the PVC for my bathroom drains. It is basically a tub, lavatory and toilet. My plan is to try to keep the piping for the lavatory and the tub in the same "joist bay". In order to accomplish this I may need to cheat the pipe that I drain the lavatory...
  6. hhcibtpaun

First time PEX Project - Planning

Hey Everyone, Been here off and on for years. I am about to embark on my largest plumbing project to date :). Hoping to get some advice along the way. The project at hand is to replace all the copper piping in my house with PEX A (Expander fittings). The house in question was built in the...
  7. hhcibtpaun

Supply Boxes or Stub Out

Hey Folks, I am redoing the plumbing in a 75 year old house. A local plumber claimed it might be wise to go PEX, since there is acidic water in the area. He did not want to do it, but was offering the advice, since I have the walls in the bathroom and kitchen to the studs. So, I decided to...
  8. hhcibtpaun

Cast Iron Stack - to replace or not replace

Hey Folks, Have not posted here in probably 10 or 15 years, but I am again in need of some assistance. I reviewed all the cast iron and stack threads I could find, but may still need a nudge in a direction. I started a rehab on a rental property (ripped out the bathroom and kitchen), with no...
  9. hhcibtpaun

Toilet base leaking or evaporation????

Hey everyone, I have an odd problem. We have an upstairs bathroom that we do not use too much (almost never). One day I noticed the kitchen ceiling was wet, which is right below the bathroom. So, I thought that maybe the toilet leaked when we flushed it and just seeped through the ceiling...
  10. hhcibtpaun

To replace or not replace...hot water heater?

Hey, I have read all the threads on when to replace hot water heaters and understand the variable nature of how long they last. I think I read a few posts on the efficiencies of the newer units being enough reason for replacement. So, I will post my current situation and see what kind of...
  11. hhcibtpaun

Combo ball valve/check valve for ejector pump...

Hey everyone, I am getting the parts together to finish up my basement plumbing. I am now at the point of getting the ejector pump and associated valves. I am going with the Zoeller M267 pump and I need to get a check valve and ball valve. Originally I was going to get the zoeller check...
  12. hhcibtpaun

Vent pipe through the roof...

Quick question on the size of vent pipe I should run through my roof. I have a basement bathroom with tub/shower, toilet, sink and bar sink. The bar sink has a grey water pump and there is an ejector pump. Pretty much everything is vented with 2" pipe, and all those go into a pre-existing...
  13. hhcibtpaun

Question 752: Tub drain, plastic w/slip nuts or sch 40 glued.

OK, I am not sure if this is my 752nd question, but it sure feels like it :) It seems like I do everything 3 or 4 times, so now I am redoing my tub drain for the basement bathroom. Concrete is poured and I have an opening in the floor for the drain and P trap. I still have limited access...
  14. hhcibtpaun

Basement P Trap - 1 1/2" or 2" (Tub/Shower)

So, I have to redo, some plumbing. Basically, the tub drain I put together dees to be tweaked. On the one I currently have, I have a 1 1/2" to 2" coupling to go from the drain into a 2" P trap. Now that things are a little tighter and I have to connect everything with the tub in place, is it...
  15. hhcibtpaun

Sweating threaded connections, Moen mixing valve.

So, after I sweated in my moen mixing valve I read the threads related to sweating the threaded connections instead of using pipe dope or tape. Well, after working on putting in the pipes for the shower and tub spout in, my supply are now leaking at the threaded connections. The drywall...
  16. hhcibtpaun

"Tub Box"...Do I need one?

OK, I promise, this will be my last post for the day :) So, I am pouring the concrete tomorrow, and I had a question about a tub box. My original plan was to just fill everything with concrete. I have a glued in P trap, so that is pretty much not going to change. The tub shoe is a little...
  17. hhcibtpaun

Tub shoe gaskets...can I stack them?

Hey Everyone, I had a general question about the gasket used between the tub drain and the tub (tub shoe gasket I think)? I was dryfitting everything before I concrete everything in and in a steady state, my tub shoe is offset from the bottom of the tub a little more than I planned for. I...
  18. hhcibtpaun

Foam pipe wrap insulation...any good?

Hey Everyone, I have the drywall guy coming out this Monday and had a question about pipe wrap. In general I was thinking about picking up some of the foam pipe wrap at home depot. It is about $2.00 for 6 feet. Does it pay to install this? I was not too concerned about the insulating...
  19. hhcibtpaun

What to do at junction of drain and ejector pit?

Hey Everyone, So, I am getting ready to pour the concrete to seal up my floor (in the basement). Before doing that I just wondered what the junction of the drain and the ejector pit should look like. What I did is this. The pit (it is a structural foam one) has a 4" hole in the side. It...
  20. hhcibtpaun

Closet Flange arrangement....

I am rounding the corner on my basement plumbing and had a final question on plumbing the toilet. For the toilet I have a 4x3 hub/hub closet connector. I will need to put a 4" pipe into it to bring it to the floor level. Since I am not 100% sure what I will be doing with the floor I am not...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks