Search results

1. KP Texan

ACCOR FlowTite Valve Replacement

Just wanted to share my experience doing this in case it helps someone in the future. These valves are obviously junk used to save time/money, and I'm a bit confused as to why the builder of my home would allow these. This isn't a cheap home and has many other high end design elements, so...
  2. KP Texan

Angle Supply Stop Orientation?

This is probably one of the most ridiculous questions ever posted here, but just want to make sure I'm doing things right. I'm about to replace all the angle supply stops in my house, and I've noticed the current ones are oriented in various directions, although I can't really determine why...
  3. KP Texan

Ice Maker Connection to 1" PEX

This is the best plumbing forum I know of, so I wanted to run it by y'all. I think it'll work but just wanted someone to sanity check it for me. I've got a water softener in my garage with what appears to be 1" inlet/outlet pex lines. Near that water softener I've got my garage refrigerator...
  4. KP Texan

Shower Arm Tightness?

So the wife bought a new shower head at Costco and I was going through the process of installing, but realized the short 6" shower arm wasn't allowing much clearance for this large shower head. Made a trip to HD and purchased an 8" as a replacement. Now this wasn't my first rodeo with a shower...
  5. KP Texan

Toto Drake Wall Gap

I'm at the stage in my guest bathroom remodel where I was finally able to install my new Toto Drake (CST744, 1.6 GPF) last night. My issue is that I've got a heck of a gap between the tank and wall. I knew that I was going to have a big gap between the wall and tank due to my 14-1/2" offset...
  6. KP Texan

Sink Shutoff Valve - Which Option is Best?

A leaking sink shutoff valve is my latest issue in this nightmare guest bath remodel. The tile guys mentioned that the valve would not turn off when they were tearing out the sinks, but that they would turn off the water and change out the valve for me... sounded fair at the time. A few weeks...
  7. KP Texan

Prepping a Slip Coupling for Copper Pipe

I spent the better part of the day laying out and sweating the copper piping for my new bath/shower valve and, quite frankly, I feel pretty beat down at this point. When the time came to pressure up the system, I had one pinhole leak at the top of my supply valve... talk about frustrating. My...
  8. KP Texan

Quick Question About Delta RP17454 Pull Down Diverter

I've searched all around for this and cant seem to find an answer: I ordered a Delta RP17454 metal pull down diverter spout and it appears that the white plastic plate that is attached to the back of the spout with 2 screws is cracked/broken around those screw holes. Is that plastic plate left...
  9. KP Texan

Delta R10000 Valve - Basic Copper Piping System Design

I'm about to install a Delta R1000 valve body for my guest bathroom renovation. I had a few basic questions: 1. Fasteners - what kind of screws do you typically use to install the valve body, elbows, and copper pipe straps to the wood blocking? I'm sure that stainless steel wood screws would...
  10. KP Texan

Elongated or Round In this Situation?

I'm in the process of doing a budget remodel on my guest bathroom, and have decided that I want to replace the old Round bowl toilet which is probably 20 years old or more with a new Toto Drake. My house was built in 1962 and it has a 14.5" rough in but, as far as I can tell, the current toilet...
  11. KP Texan

Please Help! Shower Renovation Woes...

Our house was built in 1962 and my wife and I decided to tear out our master bath shower since the tile was in bad shape and the valves had obviously been leaking behind the wall had caused some damage to the wall paneling. Once the tile was torn out, we realized that we had seriously opened up...
  12. KP Texan

Sweating Cu Pipe and Kitchen Sink P-Trap Questions

I've followed this forum for awhile now and from things I've learned here and other places around the net I decided to attempt to solder my own water stop valves beneath my kitchen sink. The previous valves weren't doing too well; one of them leaked through the outlet when shut off and the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks