Search results

1. Rocknroj

straight discharge or drop from disposal connection

Good day. Another disposal hook-up drain height problem here. Managed to put it together with a straight pipe from the disposal to a 't' fitting at the other bowl then down to the trap. Needed an extra piece between the 't' and the trap which bothers me. Now I am reconsidering as it was a...
  2. Rocknroj

steel lined abs? Anyone seen this

A duplex building built in 1976, Everett WA. Been resetting toilets and I find a steel liner of some sort inside the ABS. It starts just below the flange and continues through the bend though I could not get my camera positioned to tell when it stopped. I had the walls open before and from...
  3. Rocknroj

Help identify shower valve body

Cannot tell what I have in this rental I purchased. The trim is loose and not much luck finding an allen that will fit.. I assume that if I can identify I can find the right size tool. Thanks in advance... Why do not the manufacturers stamp their products anyway?? Got the handle off...
  4. Rocknroj

Shower Pan Center drain or side drain... pros, cons, thougthts?

Thanks for reading and providing input. I have the opportunity to install a new 60" shower pan. The PO had converted the right side drain (a former tub) to a center drain. I am guessing it would be easy enough for me to move it back if I wanted. I am installing a sterling acrylic base. I...
  5. Rocknroj

Help Identify this shower pan

I have a leak in this thing and am trying to determine how it was installed. I have only done shower pans with built in curbs and lips. This appears to only be sealed by caulking?? Had to take the wall down behind it to fix secure the loose valve body and decided better to do a test by...
  6. Rocknroj

Wax free seal on rusty flange?

apologies if this already answered. I did look. I have an old cast iron flange and perhaps some floor flex. Considering the Danco although the fluid master looks better for my application. The flange is not quite level and goes from about 1/8 below finished floor in front to about 1/4...
  7. Rocknroj

Length limit on icemaker braided line and is it critter proof?

thinking of replacing my icemaker line by coming from under the sink, across the room, then up to the fridge.. gonna be close to 25' from the valve to the back of the fridge when all said and done. its pvc with stainless braid exterior and 1/4" compression fittings.. running it down to crawl...
  8. Rocknroj

What are those ridges inside copper fittings?

so i picked up some copper tee's for my project at and noticed concentric ridges inside the tee where it branches. I looked at several and they are all the same...anyone else notice this? i believe they are nibco brand.. picked up at lowes... what about turbulence? unfortunately i had no...
  9. Rocknroj

Compression vs threaded valve for icemaker

good day i want to replace my icemaker supply line and valve.. there is a saddle valve in a crawl.. about 50 feet from the trap door and concerns me that leaks will go unnoticed.. soo... my plan is to run 1/2" copper off a ' t' from where the saddle valve is.. in the wall i am planning on a...
  10. Rocknroj

Horizontal pipe size for kitchen and laundry

I am wondering if I should upsize an existing 2" horizontal (ABS), nicely pitched that serves both my kitchen and clothes washer.. There is a new 2" wash machine drain. 1 1/2 kitchen, running horizontal then connected to a 2" line that runs about 30 ft before connecting to 3". based on...
  11. Rocknroj

Should I Replace this cast iron (is it rusted out?)

Thanks in advance for your informed replies. House built in 1968.. Cast iron laying in the sand. The sand is wet where the pipe makes contact. Below is a link You can zoom in on the photo. It appears uniformly wet along most of the bottom of the pipe where it meets the soil. The bottom...
  12. Rocknroj

Support for 1.5" Copper vents pipes... Any good ideas..???

Thanks in advance to any thoughtful ideas. I am upgrading/repairing some leaky waste components and am looking for a good way to secure the copper vents that lead vertically... They vary, some are 1.5 some are 1.25.. My thoughts are to wrap the copper to protect it from the clamp as well...
  13. Rocknroj

P-trap with union vs glued-up in crawlspace for shower

Greetings. I am replacing an old p-trap for a shower.. Access is in a crawl space, about 20 feet from the opening. Should I use a fully glued trap or one with a union. Any code requirements that dictate which to choose? Pros and cons? Thanks in advance
  14. Rocknroj

Sizing supply line to separate service on duplex

Thanks for looking.. I have a duplex that needs a re-pipe. The unit sits about 200 ft fom the meter with a 1" plastic service line connected to 1" copper that enters the building. Each unit is 1 1/2 bath with clothes washer.. a hose bib for an approx fix unit value of 13 each.. The units...
  15. Rocknroj

Is this branch drain correct and what is this cap on my vent?

The pictures show a drain line from a lav.. pitch is perfect on the horizontal for just under 5 '. then it makes a downward bend to the horizontal drain. It uses a short elbow, a few inches of pipe and a sideways sanitary 'T'. From what I read a sanitary 't' is not the correct fitting on the...
  16. Rocknroj

Find leak in ABS waste line

I have leak or leaks in my waste system. I can smell it.. sometime food odors. sometimes the brown... or other.. Its a 2 story townhouse style duplex in Everett WA built in the mid 70's.. I notice the smells in the crawlspace when I am down there, and seem to be stronger in specific...
  17. Rocknroj

Oaty Twist'n Set flange feedback. Is it leak proof?

Greetings, I am thinking about using the oaty twist'n set flange for my updated bath. Vinyl down now but if I want to do tile later, the twist'n set will give me a nice option to change the height without spacers. Held it in my hand and it looks pretty good. The bathroom is above a...
  18. Rocknroj

Kohler Highline Anyone?

Greetings, Shopping for toilets and spending too much time at it.. Thinking about Kohler Highline, that is K-11492. It has a 3" flapper, and comes in 17" rim height and around $200. Is anyone familiar with this product? Of course I am interested in the usual, ability to flush, keep the...
  19. Rocknroj

Ground wires after installing pex

I am replacing my galv with pex from the point of entry in the house. The water line enters the basement and after a new shut off valve goes the pex. My gas line is jumpered to the old water line which connects to an old drain line and finally the panel. Service is 200 amp and has a couple...
  20. Rocknroj

Where to ground after installing pex

I am replacing my galv with pex from the point of entry in the house. The water line enters the basement and after a new shut off valve goes the pex. My gas line is jumpered to the old water line which connects to an old drain line and finally the panel. Service is 200 amp and has a couple...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks